+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Starting April 8th AT&T Will Finally Unlock Your iPhone For You

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Softbank/au Japan should do this too. Foreigner who used iPhone but have to go back to his home country cannot do anything but to sell the gadget at the lowest
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Softbank/au Japan should do this too. Foreigner who used iPhone but have to go back to his home country cannot do anything but to sell the gadget at the lowest price.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i wonder if AT&T will have an option to charge you to unlock in any event your not out of your 2yr contract? that what other carriers do. so does also mean that AT&T will unlock fro FREE all my older iphones if they have expired 2yr contracts?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,781 Times in 6,876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    i wonder if AT&T will have an option to charge you to unlock in any event your not out of your 2yr contract? that what other carriers do. so does also mean that AT&T will unlock fro FREE all my older iphones if they have expired 2yr contracts?
    They would charge the early termination fee in that case.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I definitely didn't see this one coming. Hell must have frozen over.
    It most certainly did!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still leaving AT&T the day I get my iPhone 5 on Verizon. If I'm getting throttled, I'm going to at least going to have good service. Ha, I called some idiot AT&T manager out in front of a PACKED store over that. I told him in no uncertain terms that advertising HSDPA+ networks as 4G was a blatant lie. I proceed to test the speed in front of him. Less than 1 mile from an HSDPA+ tower in San Antonio Texas, I pulled 6.8 MBps, or less than 1/2 of the advertise 14.4Mbps, which is less than 1/4 of the un-lobbied 4G speed of 100Mbps. So, if by 4G they really mean 1/8th the speed of 4G, then ok, but I want an asterisk! He was happy when I left, so he could go play smart guy with soccer moms and old people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I definitely didn't see this one coming. Hell must have frozen over.
    Bring a scarf.

--OT: This is wonderful news for all the AT&T iPhone owners in the US (and overseas) who now can have officially unlocked iPhones. It's a shame that it took five years to do this, but I guess late is better than never, right? Now if only the Japanese carriers would join the fun... but I digress.

If you do not owe AT&T any money, and one of the following applies to you:

1) paid an early termination fee on your iPhone's line of service (or otherwise cancelled your contract early without violating the terms);
    2) purchased your iPhone off-contract AND it's not tied to an AT&T contract that still has service time remaining;
    3) served twenty-four months on an iPhone purchased on contract (or otherwise having no contractual obligation to remain with AT&T);
    4) Upgraded from your iPhone, placing another phone on the line of service;

then AT&T should unlock an iPhone upon request. I'd guess it'll take a phone call to AT&T Customer Care, but that phone call should be worth it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I bought my iPhone 4 At&t locked but it's without a contract you know the time where there were no unlocked iPhones can I unlock my iPhone thought At&t still?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    They would charge the early termination fee in that case.
    yeah.. but im still planning on finishing out the 2yr data contract

Quote Originally Posted by Migx View Post
    So I bought my iPhone 4 At&t locked but it's without a contract you know the time where there were no unlocked iPhones can I unlock my iPhone thought At&t still?
    why would you want ATT to unlocked an already unlocked iphone? or are you asking about another iphone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    Funny I read this after I just got a text from At&T stating "Your data usage has reached 3GB this month. Using more than 3GB in future billing cycles will result in reduced speeds. You can use wi-fi to help avoid reduced speeds."
    My "gf" that I have on my account has a problem with this too. She is always on wifi, it be at work or at home and she gets that message. Only thing she can figure out is that it uses data from the 3G service as well as the wifi at the same time. We've called AT&T 3 times already and they keep giving us 25$ credits. It helps but it's stupid it's doing this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

But what will AT&T get out of it besides a one time rate to unlock it. Can A

But what will AT&T get out of it besides a one time rate to unlock it. Can AT&T charge a monthly rate to keep a iPhone unlocked?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why would you want ATT to unlocked an already unlocked iphone? or are you asking about another iphone?[/QUOTE]

My phone is locked to AT&T but its NOT a contract for 2 years I bought it a few months before apple start the sale of unlocked phones so it's a locked iPhone 4 with no 2 years plan
    Last edited by Migx; 04-06-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks

I could be wrong but didn't the iPhone 4 come out in June 2010? So most people with an iPhone 4 that renewed their 2 year contract to get the phone will still have to wait till June, right?

Thanks

^^yep

CDMA model was then released February 10 2011
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

But then the people in store won't know how to do it ... blah blah blah, They can barley install a screen protector

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

The best part? No more having to protect the baseband!

EDIT: even better, the dev team members working on unlocks can finally take a rest.
    Last edited by Trooper Sam; 04-06-2012 at 07:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have called at&t to find out about this, but C/S has no knowledge. I know its a two days early but im sure they would know something right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Its about ******* time. This crap with being locked to ATT was illegal as far as I am concerned.

Stryker
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks

sorry.. i read your initial post incorrectly yes.. i believe they will unlock you.

Quote Originally Posted by Migx View Post
    why would you want ATT to unlocked an already unlocked iphone? or are you asking about another iphone?
    My phone is locked to AT&T but its NOT a contract for 2 years I bought it a few months before apple start the sale of unlocked phones so it's a locked iPhone 4 with no 2 years plan[/QUOTE]

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jokods View Post
    Softbank/au Japan should do this too. Foreigner who used iPhone but have to go back to his home country cannot do anything but to sell the gadget at the lowest price.
    That would be great. I still have my 3G iphone I paid almost a grand for it from Softbank that just sits in my iPhone 1G box doing nothing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Interestingly executed on Easter Sunday