+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] TouchPosé+ - A Fully Featured Version of TouchPosé

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 735 Posts

Default [Review] TouchPosé+ - A Fully Featured Version of TouchPosé

If you remember TouchPosé, the free jailbreak tweak that brought an elegant blue circle to the touch screen everywhere you placed a finger, then you may want to check out a new jailbreak tweak dubbed TouchPosé+ by iOS developer iolate, the big brother and full version of TouchPosé that comes with more advanced features. It includes multi-touch support and will show a blue circle for more than one finger:

As we explained in the original TouchPosé article, the circles give you the same effect as the white circle indicator that follows your swipes and taps in Ryan Petrich’s Display Recorder application. About a second after releasing your finger from the touch screen, the blue circle disappears from the display. The circle doesn't have any adverse effects to you using your iDevice, it just adds a touch of customization to your iDevice you didn't have before – not to mention TouchPosé+ just screams customization. Taking a look at the preferences pane we have numerous options:

From the preferences, we can choose the Activator action that will enable and disable the tweak on demand. We also have the ability to change the size of the circle. You can choose anywhere from 20 pixels to 100 pixels. In this same pane, you can change the color of the circle using a complex color picker that includes a transparency slider. Additionally, you can choose between using the default circle, and using a custom image for the tapping effect. By default, the custom image is the TouchPosé icon, but you can use any image you want to.

This tweak is a nice way to add some style to your iDevice. Most people can enjoy this tweak simply for the interaction feedback it allows the device to give the user. It certainly isn’t useful for anything specific, however if you like changing things beyond Apple’s control, then I can highly recommend this tweak to you. It is very solidly built and doesn’t appear to have any bugs. The circles that follow you fingers also will not cause any lag for your iDevice. If you want to try before you buy, then download TouchPosé before buying TouchPosé+.

Name: TouchPosé+
    Price: $1
    Version: 1.0-6
    Requirements: iOS 4.2+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: iolate
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Sources: iolate

Thanks

Hmm might try it again..
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

a second before it dissapear is still too slow for me especially when your typing on the keyboard should be as fast as the letter popup on the keyboard

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds useful when sharing your screen via AirPlay or recording instructional videos. If it works they way I understand it to the viewer would have more of an understanding of what is being done by the device operator.

Thanks

cool, but not for $1.00, I use display recorder.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is humourous to me... TouchPosé was free to begin with, now to get a few simple features it costs, I'm sure that to make these it was rather simple code... And unless the new version fixed my bug, it's not worth it. Great tweak though, saves space compared to DisplayRecorder.

-My bug: In apps such as AppStore and while using the keyboard, I MUST wait for the circle to vanish before my touch works again. Running iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone4, so I don't see why I'd have a issue with it seeing as I am on the lastest untether JB and the most current device (not including 4S)...
    Last edited by xshey; 04-05-2012 at 05:43 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This my good fellow is a reply. This site is MMi, a site with news about Apple, their devices, and companies against or with Apple. They do reviews on and host cydia apps/tweaks.

This post persay is a tweak in Cydia for iOS. When enabled, when you touch the screen, a dot appear under your finger. Once released, the dot vanishes in about 1 second.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xshey View Post
    This my good fellow is a reply. This site is MMi, a site with news about Apple, their devices, and companies against or with Apple. They do reviews on and host cydia apps/tweaks.

This post persay is a tweak in Cydia for iOS. When enabled, when you touch the screen, a dot appear under your finger. Once released, the dot vanishes in about 1 second.
    Great sarcasm...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

xshey (04-05-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im having problems with the tweak. When opening up any other app besides the home screen/SMS, the little dots stop showing up, even if i go into the app settings and turn off and on. It will only start working again when I respring.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 839 Posts

I was thinking of buying this with the intent to theme it - but after hearing it makes typing harder, I think I'll stay away.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CsSxPlay3r View Post
    Im having problems with the tweak. When opening up any other app besides the home screen/SMS, the little dots stop showing up, even if i go into the app settings and turn off and on. It will only start working again when I respring.
    Same here and even when setting it to a different method in Activator nothing seems to launch this tweak w/o respringing.

Thanks

All the app needs now is custom gif icons.