+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Regional Wireless Carrier nTelos To Get iPhone 4S April 20

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Regional Wireless Carrier nTelos To Get iPhone 4S April 20

Apple’s expansion into every crevice of American life continues with the induction of another regional wireless carrier into the iPhone estate. Please welcome nTelos Wireless to the party starting April 20th.

The Waynesboro, Virginia based nTelos provides coverage to over 400,000 customers in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Kentucky. The service is CDMA based and offers nationwide service through partnerships with Sprint and Verizon.

"As a wireless service provider well-known for delivering the best value in wireless, we're pleased to offer the amazing new iPhone 4S to our customers," said Jim Hyde, president and CEO for nTelos Wireless. "iPhone 4S offers an abundance of new features, and with our industry-leading, nationwide smartphone plans, customers can now enjoy the nation’s best networks for less."

NTelos is offering iPhones at a $50 discount compared to their larger telecomm compatriots, with the iPhone 4S priced at $149.99 (16GB), $249.99 (32GB), and $349.99 (64GB). That isn’t the only discount, nTelos' unlimited everything individual plan with a single line is $99.99/month, besting Sprint by $10, and Verizon and AT&T by $20. Their family plans beat the other carriers by a much wider margin as well.

Also, nTelos provides the coveted “Unlimited” data in that unlimited plan. However, there is a cap on that data set at 5GB, after which the carrier begins to throttle data speeds. Still, it's better than AT&T’s throttling practices on grand-fathered unlimited plans, and undoubtedly a better value than AT&T and Verizon’s capped plans. But, the trade-off is you’re locked into a two-year contract with a regional provider.

Source: MacRumors

Thanks

Aaaaaaaaany day now, T-Mobile... *shakes head*
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This must be happening all over the country because 2 of our big wireless carriers in Alaska, one CDMA and one GSM, are saying they will also have iphones available April 20th. Interesting.

Thanks

Why doesn't Tmo have the iPhone 4 S again?? I believe there were a few articles before and at launch but I can't remember the key factor..anyone?

Thanks

this is great i live in virginia

Green Apple
    Thanks

I didn't know nTelos still existed. I also didn't know that people outside of Va knew what it was.

With that said, T-Mobile just needs to jump on the bandwagon. As much as I love my iphone factory unlocked, Edge really cripples it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bowler001 View Post
    This must be happening all over the country because 2 of our big wireless carriers in Alaska, one CDMA and one GSM, are saying they will also have iphones available April 20th. Interesting.
    yea i saw that, Kind of exciting. I know a lot of people that boycott AT&T and use GCI or ACS that will jump on this quick fast and in a hurry