Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Asymco: Google Makes More per iOS Device Than Android Devices

Thanks

Default Asymco: Google Makes More per iOS Device Than Android Devices

Horace Dediu of Asymco has pointed out something very interesting regarding Google’s smartphone revenue per year. While the tech giant’s smartphone revenue is on the rise, which appears to be good news for Android (on the surface), a closer look at the source of the revenue shows otherwise. It turns out that most of the increase in Google’s smartphone revenue is from the iOS platform. Deidu suggests that revenue per device from the Android platform is actually on a slight decline.

For those of you who are wondering where Google is making the money, it should be pointed out that its prime placement as the default search engine on iOS devices (such as the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) is where the revenue is coming from.

Another important thing that Dediu noted was the poor economics in the profitability behind Android devices. Currently Google makes roughly $1.70 annually per device whereas Apple makes over $576 per iPhone sold. When looking at these numbers alone, it is easy to see why the iOS devices earn more money for Apple than Android devices do for Google.

Source: Asymco

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

Totally off the subject but did you know that firecore released the new seasonpass jailbreak for apple tv 5.0? That's some news right there!!

Must have missed the point where this is a negative thing for Android, Google is Android, money Google's pocket is money in Android's pocket.

Kind of getting tired of these constant "Apple makes more money than Google trolololololol" articles. Gosh we get it. At least on the Android websites I get to read about what I came for. Android news, and if I do see a few comparison articles, they aren't posted almost EVERY SINGLE day. I come here to hear about IOS tweaks and news. not fanboyish comparisons. I get enough of that in Engadget comments.

I am in no way dissing the author or anything... Just asking that you tone down the comparison stuff a bit.

Modmyi = Apple
    AndroidPolice = Google

Lets keep it that way.

Another important thing that Dediu noted was the poor economics in the profitability behind Android devices. Currently Google makes roughly $1.70 annually per device whereas Apple makes over $576 per iPhone sold. When looking at these numbers alone, it is easy to see why the iOS devices earn more money for Apple than Android devices do for Google.
    How does this have anything to do with the article?

The article is supposed to be about Google making more off the iPhone than they do off the Android, this has nothing to do with how much Apple makes per device.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I really like the ModMyi community. Very few fanboys it seems, unlike 9to5mac. You guys can appreciate when someone else makes a good product.

Obviously talking about the commenters and not OP.

So, if Motorola/GOOG were to ask for 2.5% of reveue on iPhone sales for their essential patents, this number would represent a lot more money than they are making now? Nice...

Posner's March 28 ruling in Chicago could be very important because I doubt AAPL would license multi-touch, and without that, Android per se would be broadly unappealing. Surely, there are some in Redmond who are also watching.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

lol i want that for my background on my phone