+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] VUZIQ - Have A Video Ringtone Instead

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 773 Posts

Default [Review] VUZIQ - Have A Video Ringtone Instead

All FaceTime-capable iDevices and iPhones have ringtone capabilities. The ringtone is usually just an audio file that plays for us to alert us when someone is calling. If you have ever wanted to move beyond audio and have a video ringtone instead of just a sound, then a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed VUZIQ will let you do it. After installing VUZIQ, you'll be presented with a new application icon where you will set all of your preferences.

When you open the application, you’ll be introduced with a screen asking for your name, e-mail address, age, and favorite band to get started. After you input your information, you’ll be able to start using the application. You can start by searching for a video you really like – VUZIQ uses YouTube to search for and download the video you will be using for your video ringtone. When you find one and save it, it will appear in your video ringtone library:

Be sure to turn it on using the small switch by the video, or else the application won’t know to direct it to your calls. VUZIQ will work with FaceTime calls and Phone application calls. Once you have enabled the video from the application, receiving an inbound phone call or FaceTime call will yield the video you saved being played for you:

The application includes a full-featured video trimming kit for being able to trim the video you save to the perfect length and be able to get the part of the video that is most funny or meaningful to you. Please note that not all videos on YouTube are open for the public to save and you may need to contact the YouTube account owner to ask for permission before downloading their copyrighted videos.

There does not appear to be any noticeable bugs in this release. If you have always wanted to have a video ringtone regardless of the practicalities, then you could give VUZIQ a try. There are no options to configure in the Settings application – everything is done from the application.

Name: VUZIQ
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1
    Requirements: FaceTime or Phone capability
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Vuziq
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: Cydia

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wouldn't use it but it actually sounds pretty cool. I'm sure a lot of people would find this fun to play with.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

DON'T INSTALL
    Multiple issues

iPhone Freezes when devices is off and a buttons pressed
    device freezes when connecting a dock music device
    Devices takes about 30 sec to change off of call ended screen

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by idkanymore View Post
    I wouldn't use it but it actually sounds pretty cool. I'm sure a lot of people would find this fun to play with.
    would be better if you can record a video, edit it and then use it as a ring tone

Thanks
    Well the app works good for me and loading your own videos is possible too. Use Ifile and just load the videos to the main folder of the app and it works perfect.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 698 Posts

can you assign a different video for each contact or is it one video for all contacts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    can you assign a different video for each contact or is it one video for all contacts?
    Its free go figure it out yourself

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 698 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Its free go figure it out yourself
    Just asking a simple yes or no question to someone else who has had success with this app smartA$$!!! Im not one that just goes and downloads every app that is out there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Just asking a simple yes or no question to someone else who has had success with this app smartA$$!!! Im not one that just goes and downloads every app that is out there.
    Please Note this is not fully directed at u Carvensno

I already told y'all not to download this app cause it froze my iPhone but no one listens to the one guy that comments after he tries a program, they all want to ask dumb questions that are easy to figure out on there own, but there just to LAZY to go find out for themselves

Thanks

I didn't notice a single shout-out to those who came before. Back in the 3G and 3GS days there was a jailbreak app that offered this exact same functionality (all be it for a much higher price tag). Was a bit sad when it never got past iOS 3. Looking fwd to setting this up though.

Thanks

@jeffhesser MiVtones and even danstaface's vWallpaper/vRingtone i believe is what youre talking about.. MiVtones u had to pay like $10 which I did and used from like iOS 4-5 until they stopped updating it been waiting a looooong time for this kind of tweak again!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Please Note this is not fully directed at u Carvensno

I already told y'all not to download this app cause it froze my iPhone but no one listens to the one guy that comments after he tries a program, they all want to ask dumb questions that are easy to figure out on there own, but there just to LAZY to go find out for themselves
    On the contrary you're one of the few people whose responses I read even if it doesn't directly apply to me. Idiots will continue to be... Idiots

Thanks

I mean ios 3-4* lol

Thanks

Default maybe after some updates...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhesser View Post
    I didn't notice a single shout-out to those who came before. Back in the 3G and 3GS days there was a jailbreak app that offered this exact same functionality (all be it for a much higher price tag). Was a bit sad when it never got past iOS 3. Looking fwd to setting this up though.
    guess it was this little guy that is causing me issues. phone has been running pretty slooooowwww since installing. tried a couple reboots but had my suspicions.. good bye for now vuziq

Thanks

looks like vWallpaper was updated last month with video ringtones!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesnt work for me. Hit icon and it crashes to SB

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Working fine for me on iPhone 4S 5.0.1, pretty awesome idea and free is always a plus

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Kills Individual ringtones
    It kills my individual ringtones per contact on my 4S. Anyone know how to fix this? I remove the app and no my phone will only play the default ringtone and not individual ringtones. Help. Didnt work for me with call bar either

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Where is it?
    I tried to find this in cydia and no results returned from my search. I also tried BB's website directly and its not listed. Anyone know where to get it?

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

^^did you refresh your sources?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way