+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] SMS Timestamps - Timestamp All Text Messages

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] SMS Timestamps - Timestamp All Text Messages

Sometimes you might be text messaging someone and a little while later you forget exactly what time you sent or received something in a text message. Unfortunately, Apple’s way of time-stamping conversations is to time-stamp only sections at a time, which is understandable as it’s probably to help reduce the clutter in the Messages application and make the interface appear more like a clean instant messenger.

If you’re one of the people, however, that wants the time-stamps anyway – regardless of Apple’s clean design principles, than a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed SMS Timestamps by iOS developer Gabrio Barbieri will make sure every message you send is time-stamped. It even comes with a nice preferences pane in the Settings application to adjust the increments that the tweak time-stamps your messages:

The preferences pane is very simple – enable or disable the tweak, and then adjust the increments for which you want the time-stamps for each of your text messages to appear. By default, all text messages will be time-stamped. You also have the option to choose between time-stamping the following: 1) Every text message one minute apart from each other; 2) Every text message 5 minutes apart from each other; 3) Every text message 10 minutes apart from each other.

After installing the tweak, it was made obvious that there was a small glitch causing the tweak to not take effect. To make it work, you’ll need to disable the tweak and then re-enable it again from the preferences pane. The good news is that SMS Timestamps works with both text messages and Apple’s iMessage. For a free tweak doing exactly what it claims to do, I can recommend it for anyone serious about seeing exactly when every text message is sent or received.

Name: SMS Timestamps
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-7
    Requirements: Messages application
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Gabrio Barbieri
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: Gabrio Barbieri

Green Apple
    Thanks

So, its like MarkThatMessage, except it offers a couple of options. Gotcha.......

iPhone? More like MyPhone chad daddy's Avatar
    Thanks

Very nice been waiting for this hope it's clean.

Thanks

AWESOME!!

I have been waiting for a free alternative for ages! There is mark that message which marks every message no options but that costs like a dollar and it wasn't really worth the buy so I waited for a free one and here it is!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don understand why apple doesn't produce these kinds of things

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Another way you can find out the time is simply tapping the "messages/back" button when in a conversation & it'll show you the time the last text was sent or received.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitekksteff View Post
    Another way you can find out the time is simply tapping the "messages/back" button when in a conversation & it'll show you the time the last text was sent or received.
    Yeah but that just shows the latest time.. This is for ALL the times.

This is really convenient, I find myself wanting to see times of texts often!
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sweet!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Apple isn't stupid. If they just went ahead and added all the features then they wouldn't have anything to showcase for us

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Great, been waiting for something like this even though I'm sure they already have a tweak like this, this is free and I just found out. Just perfect. Thanks Gabrio and ModMyi.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is this out yet or did I miss something? I don't see it on Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It's about freakin time!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Already use xmessages which does this with many more features like the ability to delay messages in case you accidentally hit the send button and such.