+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn Recruiter Claims Next-Gen iPhone Will be Released in June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Foxconn Recruiter Claims Next-Gen iPhone Will be Released in June

In a recent Japanese-language TV program, a Foxconn recruiter in Taiyuan, China was found saying that Apple will release its next-generation iPhone in June. This was seen in one of the recorded scenes where a woman asked a Foxconn recruiter how many people the factory is seeking to hire. The recruiter responded saying that they were “looking for 18,000 employees… for the fifth-generation phone.” When questioned whether the number was based off the demand for the next-gen iPhone, the recruiter responded with “That’s right. It will come out in June.”

Although the iPhone 4S is technically the fifth-generation iPhone, many continue to refer to the upcoming sixth-generation iPhone as the “iPhone 5.”

According to the report, Foxconn already employs 80,000 workers at its Taiyuan plant. The manufacturer has long been Apple’s main partner for producing the iPhone. Furthermore, Apple’s CEO Tim Cook even visited one of the Foxconn factories in Zhengzhou, China recently to oversee the conditions.

Despite the Foxconn recruiter’s words, a June date remains highly questionable. It isn’t exactly clear how a low-level employee within the company would know of Apple’s release schedule, which the Cupertino California company keeps under the wraps very carefully typically. Another issue would be the fact that the next-generation iPhone would be released too soon after the iPhone 4S, which many users complain about even when just thinking about it. Last but not least, the rumor conflicts with multiple reports that suggest the iPhone will arrive in September or October of this year, following Apple’s newly set trend from last year.

Source: Macotakara

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

June actually means September on the Chinese Calendar or "Fall season".

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I've read somewhere that Apple will likely stick to their 3.5" screen size, if true then that would suck big time.

IF ONLY....APPLE gave us a bigger screen and an external microsd storage slot.
    Last edited by swifty7; 04-03-2012 at 03:19 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I've read somewhere that Apple will likely stick to their 3.5" screen size, if true then that would suck big time.

IF ONLY....APPLE gave us a bigger screen and an external microsd storage slot.
    I've read that people that speculate about things on which they have no clue have small genitals.

Sorry but anyone that wants apple to add an SD slot is dumb. Why would apple shoot themselves in the foot profit wise? Why offer something that will cause them to lose money? Unrealistic expectations make me laugh.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha, really? You guys....April fools jokes can only be done on April 1st! You missed the deadline!!

Oh wait......u r actually reporting this as...... a real news story.....Whoops, my bad.
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It will not be called iPhone 5 !!! I'm so sick of hearing and seeing it. Either 6 or "the new iPhone" can't you modmyi writers understand patterns?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Hahaha, really? You guys....April fools jokes can only be done on April 1st! You missed the deadline!!

Oh wait......u r actually reporting this as...... a real news story.....Whoops, my bad.
    Hahahaha.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KiidTee View Post
    It will not be called iPhone 5 !!! I'm so sick of hearing and seeing it. Either 6 or "the new iPhone" can't you modmyi writers understand patterns?!

You Are pretty stupid. How about the 3G to 3GS to 4. How about that pattern?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Can't you understand that people that really care about what people are calling the iPhone 5 when they talk about it have no life? Yes, that includes you. When people say iPhone 5 don't you know which one they're talking about? Of course you do so stop being such a drama queen and find another hobby. (whining about what others call the next iPhone (iPhone 5) isn't a hobby.)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

The next iPhone will be called the "new iPhone" there will be no number just like the iPad. Its up to us in the world to tell exactly what we are going to call it. I think its street name will be iPhone 5 just like iPhone 1G, 2G.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Didn't know we had so many Apple executives here. Everyone is claiming what the new iphone WILL be called as if they truly know lol.

Thanks
    It's gonna be called the new iPhone that seems likely of apple

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What happens to "the new iPhone" when the iPhone after that one comes out in 2013? "What iPhone do you have?" "The new iPhone." "Oh the new one?" "Well not the newEST iPhone. Just the new iPhone." "What?" "Nevermind."

What's next? "The newest iPhone?" or "The new iPhone 2?" or "iPhone 7?"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

Betting it will be called the New IPhone :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

How about "The New iPhone...Again" ? That sounds right😄
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Too much rumors and speculation to end up with 38% more contrast on screen powered by a "Powerful" A5X Chip and who knows... Maybe a horrendous 256 mb ram bump and (Amazingly Gorgeous) Camera Lens... I love Apple... But this is getting so Lazy.. Good Day Everyone!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    What happens to "the new iPhone" when the iPhone after that one comes out in 2013? "What iPhone do you have?" "The new iPhone." "Oh the new one?" "Well not the newEST iPhone. Just the new iPhone." "What?" "Nevermind."

What's next? "The newest iPhone?" or "The new iPhone 2?" or "iPhone 7?"
    HAL-9000. hello David...wtf?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why would they call it the iPhone 6? That would just confuse consumers from the 4s to the 6. The iPhone 5 is rumored to be a major upgrade so I doubt it will be called "the new iPhone" I'm pretty sure they didn't name the iPad 3 that and dubbed it as the new iPad is because it was such a minor upgrade you couldn't rename it the iPad 3 because it really didn't bring anything new to the table. I truely believe that the new model will be the iPhone LTE or iPhone HD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn@rd. View Post
    HAL-9000. hello David...wtf?
    I phone 9000( HAL) aka I HAL, or whatever u want to call it, Siri is a only the beginning....(in my mad-scientist voice)....