Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn Recruiter Claims Next-Gen iPhone Will be Released in June

Thanks

I see a few names they could possibly use. Just my opinion.

iPhone 4G/iPhone LTE
    iPhone 5
    new iPhone

The next iPhone will be called..... I don't give a crap lol. Let them call it what they want. As for sd card? That's old technology. Why do I need that crap. Give me bigger internal storage. With iCloud and blue tooth why get sd? Waste of a port.

They'll call it the iPhone. Just like they did with the new iPad. But seriously, apart from the name, I never refer to my iPod Touch as an iPod Touch 4. Unless I'm actually telling somebody what generation it is.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 5?
    It can't be cause its technically not an iPhone 5, the 4s is their fith one.

iPhone 2g 1st gen
    iPhone 3 2nd gen
    iPhone 3gs 3rd gen
    iPhone 4 4th get
    iPhone 4s 5th gen

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Believe a lowly recruiter would know highly held secret for the company he works for would show more stupidity than anything else actually. Using this video on nationwide TV broadcast is just sad.

Shighphone. Thats the name.

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    What happens to "the new iPhone" when the iPhone after that one comes out in 2013? "What iPhone do you have?" "The new iPhone." "Oh the new one?" "Well not the newEST iPhone. Just the new iPhone." "What?" "Nevermind."

What's next? "The newest iPhone?" or "The new iPhone 2?" or "iPhone 7?"
    no one seems to have that problem with any of the ipods, or mac books, or macs, or mac minis..... why should the phone be any different?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This is probably a mis-understanding by both the recruiter and the person interviewing. That recruiter probably means to say PRODUCTION would start in June.

Not to mention its gonna be the same design with the same boring screen size with nothing more than an A5X chip, LTE, no room for a larger battery so as a consequence....lower battery life.

If you're lucky they MIGHT increase the screen size to 3.7"....just large enough to shut everyone up for another couple of years while still maintaining the overall design and ear speaker/home button positioning.

Sorry folks....no 4"+ screen, no quad-core processor, no capacitive home button. Quote me on this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polarismanak View Post
    no one seems to have that problem with any of the ipods, or mac books, or macs, or mac minis..... why should the phone be any different?
    That would be because the iPods have model names that differentiate and generation numbers that follow. I.e. iPod touch, iPod Classic, iPod Nano 6th generation (or iPod Nano Touch), etc. The Macbooks have Macbook and Macbook Pro (referencing the plastic black/white macbooks and the aluminum Pros) which have now been rolled into the Unibody Macbook 13, 15, 17-inch versions. No confusion.

Still no confusion amongst iMacs because they really don't have additional nomenclature that differentiates them. Just build dates and specs. That applies to Mac Minis too.

The iPhone and iPad are the only 2 devices that require differentiating since using "the new iPad" is only useful until the next new iPad comes out. Then what do you call it to identify it? "the new iPad" isn't the model name. It's still just iPad. Except that it's the new one. So once the 4th generation of iPads comes out you'll have the iPad 1(called the iPad, not iPad 1) and the iPad 2(easy to figure that one out) then "the new iPad" which will be called the iPad since it is no longer new and "the new" is not part of the official model name, and finally the 4th generation iPad. Thus iPads 1 and 3 could be confused for each other except when seeing them side by side. At that point they would require adding the model number to the nomenclature to identify exactly which iPad it is.

I hope this isn't confusing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    This is probably a mis-understanding by both the recruiter and the person interviewing. That recruiter probably means to say PRODUCTION would start in June.

Not to mention its gonna be the same design with the same boring screen size with nothing more than an A5X chip, LTE, no room for a larger battery so as a consequence....lower battery life.

If you're lucky they MIGHT increase the screen size to 3.7"....just large enough to shut everyone up for another couple of years while still maintaining the overall design and ear speaker/home button positioning.

Sorry folks....no 4"+ screen, no quad-core processor, no capacitive home button. Quote me on this.
    Quoted.

Also, what about Apple using jelly roll battery technology. Couldn't that result in better battery life due to more efficient use of space?
    Last edited by alexevo; 04-04-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Didn't know we had so many Apple executives here. Everyone is claiming what the new iphone WILL be called as if they truly know lol.
    +1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    I've read that people that speculate about things on which they have no clue have small genitals.

Sorry but anyone that wants apple to add an SD slot is dumb. Why would apple shoot themselves in the foot profit wise? Why offer something that will cause them to lose money? Unrealistic expectations make me laugh.
    that shows your stunning intellect!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srchino View Post
    It can't be cause its technically not an iPhone 5, the 4s is their fith one.

iPhone 2g 1st gen
    iPhone 3 2nd gen
    iPhone 3gs 3rd gen
    iPhone 4 4th get
    iPhone 4s 5th gen
    so iPhone 3 could be the 2nd gen but iPhone 5 couldn't be the 6th gen?

It will simply be called the Jesus phone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post

Quoted.

Also, what about Apple using jelly roll battery technology. Couldn't that result in better battery life due to more efficient use of space?
    It could. But this technology was first looked at with Apple mid-2011. And if they haven't implemented it into the iPad 3 then they are probably still working on perfecting that technology, so I doubt it would be utilized in the next iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I've read somewhere that Apple will likely stick to their 3.5" screen size, if true then that would suck big time.

IF ONLY....APPLE gave us a bigger screen and an external microsd storage slot.
    SJ told us in no uncertain terms, when the 4.3" screens started coming out on android devices, that "people don't want those big screens". was he right or wrong?

-peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12