+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] MediaSpeak - Vocal Alerts When A Song Changes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] MediaSpeak - Vocal Alerts When A Song Changes

Maybe you have something set up on your iDevice so your music shuffles. This can make it hard to discern what song is playing – especially if you’re the kind of person with large libraries of music. A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed MediaSpeak by iOS developer FreeManRepo will now alert you when a song on your iDevice changes using Samantha’s voice – the voice we are all used to hearing from Siri and tweaks like Aloud, or SpeakEvents.

MediaSpeak spews out the song information in the format displayed in the screenshot above, "Now Playing insert song name here by insert artist name here. It comes with a preferences pane that allows you to enable and disable the tweak on demand, however there are no other options to configure for this tweak.

MediaSpeak is compatible with not only the stock iOS Music application, but also other third party music applications like Spotify, Pandora, or Grooveshark – pretty much anything that controls the iPod player. It works both with the built-in speaker and with any audio accessories you use to listen to your music.

If you have a smaller Music library, then you probably know most of the songs in your library already, however this tweak is more of a luxury tweak to help the iDevice communicate with you as you use it. That being said, it’s great for all users whether they have large or small music libraries. It’s especially great for third party music applications like Spotify and Pandora because you might not always know what’s playing if you’re listening to user-generated playlists.

If you're an iOS media addict, then I can recommend MediaSpeak. It's free and it does a nice job at what it's supposed to do. Give it a try.

Name: MediaSpeak
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: FreeManRepo
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: FreeManRepo

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Guess it would be kinda cool if your having a party or get together or something. All the iPhone people would be like "woah, how did u get Siri to do that?!" and the Droid people would be like "oh god that's so dumb, big deal....my screen is bigger...look at my little pen."
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Guess it would be kinda cool if your having a party or get together or something. All the iPhone people would be like "woah, how did u get Siri to do that?!" and the Droid people would be like "oh god that's so dumb, big deal....my screen is bigger...look at my little pen."
    ahahaaahha that's true, just a bunch of haters

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Right?! It's ridiculous how people would become so offensive when it comes to androids and iphones, all I care about is ease of user-ability and features that carry more of a flow than a splotchy feel. Of course I am leaning more towards the iphone than the android
    It Takes One To Know One

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sorry but if you're so stupid you don't know what music you have on your iDevice than no app will help you. Dumb idea but hey, it's better than anything I can write.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Sorry but if you're so stupid you don't know what music you have on your iDevice than no app will help you. Dumb idea but hey, it's better than anything I can write.
    So when you listen to a channel on Pandora, you instantly, 100% of the time, know the name of the song and band that is playing?! That is quite impressive!
    El Zurdo

Banned
    Thanks

Wow!! Seems that it will be really great and unique. I would love to try this MediaSpeak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Let's try it!

Installed... But the voice is strange... Seems German speaking English
    Last edited by iRockADI; 04-03-2012 at 11:49 AM.