+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Changes iAd Revenue Percentage for Developers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple announced yesterday that they would be increasing the revenue percentage shared with developers through iAds. Apple notified developers through Apple’s official development center that they would planned to increase
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Changes iAd Revenue Percentage for Developers

Apple announced yesterday that they would be increasing the revenue percentage shared with developers through iAds.

Apple notified developers through Apple’s official development center that they would planned to increase the developers’ share of revenue by 10% from the current 60% to 70%.

Developer Advertising Services Agreement Update

We have made the following changes to the Developer Advertising Services Agreement for the iAd Network, effective immediately.

The revenue share for the iAd Network is now 70% to the Developer. — Apple
    Apple’s iAd platform has seen its share of changes since the programs 2010 debut. In an effort to increase interest in the mobile advertising platform Apple has reduced the minimum campaign requirements from $1 million when the program started to $300,000 then the current $100,000.

Whether this is an indication of iAds struggling, or Apple simply mis-judging the marketplace is tough to tell. It could be a case of something not being wildly successful by Apple standards, thus inevitably is deemed a failure. It's tough to be deemed a wild success when your biggest competitors are yourself and Google.

Source: AppleInsider

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this mean we are probably gunna see more ads?
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

Thanks

Yes

Thanks

More ads
    pain & time and glory

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    Does this mean we are probably gunna see more ads?
    Probably, though in all the free apps that I've used, I haven't seen a single iAd

Green Apple
    Thanks

If people need to advertise then it should be on the apps' page on the AppStore. Having those ads while using an app is so damn annoying. If your app is good enough, people will buy it and you can earn money for your time and effort cutting the need for annoying print on our phone again and again and again every time we want to use our apps.
    Go on, try to see if your work is really worth paying money for.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

It's about time they brought the percentage up. At least they're transparent bout the % unlike others!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    It's about time they brought the percentage up. At least they're transparent bout the % unlike others!
    Now if only they will increase the number of actual ads... we don't get paid a dime if it just says test ad cuz apple doesn't have enough advertisers to go around
    Get the latest info for NoAccSplash Here
    Currently it should work on iOS 4.x - 6.x
    If you'd like to help extend its functionality, the source is also available.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

Whether this is an indication of iAds struggling, or Apple simply mis-judging the marketplace is tough to tell. It could be a case of something not being wildly successful by Apple standards, thus inevitably is deemed a failure.
    Stop making excuses for Apple. iAds is struggling and people aren't responding to it the way that Apple had hoped. So now they're trying to lick their wounds and drop the price in hopes of regaining ground. Dropping the price $900k is clearly an indication that something is not working out.

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    Probably, though in all the free apps that I've used, I haven't seen a single iAd
    ModMyi has iAds... And even if u upgraded, you only upgraded because you saw an ad and that was an iAd. My logic is undeniable