Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] UpsideDown - April Fools From Ryan Petrich!

Default [Review] UpsideDown - April Fools From Ryan Petrich!

April Fools! The first of the month hay have come and gone, but there’s no reason to end the humorous pranking. A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed UpsideDown by iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich will turn applications upside down on any device the tweak is installed on. The tweak is free on Ryan’s beta repo starting today.

Is the tweak useful? – no. It was made for you to have enjoyment out of someone else’s misery. Installing this tweak on someone else’s jailbroken iDevice means you can make them go bonkers and have a good laugh while they try to hold their device upside down to use it. It seems to work with most applications, but not all of them.

UpsideDown has no options to configure – it helps with being stealthy. The only way to end the tweak’s humorous side effects is to uninstall the tweak via Cydia after the prank is done. The good news is, UpsideDown cannot cause harm to anyone's iDevice. Be sure to be a good sport to your friends and let them know you did it. ModMyi is not responsible if you get slapped in the face.

UpsideDown isn’t on a public repository; it’s only available on Ryan Petrich’s beta repository. To download it, you’ll need to go into Cydia:
    1. tap on the Manage tab
    2. tap on the Sources button
    3. tap on the Edit button
    4. tap on the Add button
    5. enter the following URL and then tap Add Source:
      PHP Code:
      http://rpetri.ch/repo/ 

Name: UpsideDown
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.9
    Repo: Ryan Petrich's Beta Repo
    Developer: Ryan Petrich
    Editor's Rating: April Fools!

Sources: Ryan Petrich

Thanks

Hehe not bad. Might actually use this on a couple of people's ipods
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

I strangely find this useful. The way i position my phone when i do homework and listen to music it'd be better to have my headphone jack on the bottom. Now I can position the way i want and still easily use the iPod. Odd, i know, but I'd use it more if there was a switch to activate it.

Quote Originally Posted by nmz View Post
    I strangely find this useful. The way i position my phone when i do homework and listen to music it'd be better to have my headphone jack on the bottom. Now I can position the way i want and still easily use the iPod. Odd, i know, but I'd use it more if there was a switch to activate it.
    Screen lock in the orientation you want?