Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] DoubleDock - Have Up to 10 Docked Icons

Default [Review] DoubleDock - Have Up to 10 Docked Icons

The iOS dock is a great way to keep some of our favorite applications in sight no matter what page on the home screen we scroll to, however Apple limits us to only four applications on the dock. Other jailbreak tweaks have been able to break that limit and allow us to add as many icons to our dock as we want – even to be able to scroll through our dock like we scroll through home screen pages.

A new jailbreak tweak dubbed DoubleDock by iOS developer Evan Lucas takes a different approach, allowing us to double our dock and add an extra application per row. This gives us a total of ten docked icons. Due to the size of the iPhone and iPod touch screens, this also means shrinking the scrolling home screen to only 3 rows of applications instead of four. DoubleDock is illustrated in the screenshot above.

When moving applications in and out of DoubleDock, applications start in the first row and move their way into the second row. This means there is no auto-fitting feature. You must have two complete rows otherwise you will have empty spaces, which can be awkward looking if you’re not used to it. DoubleDock moves the paging dots up one row to compensate for the extra dock row, however you’ll also notice how it takes the dock application reflections as applies them to the top row as well.

On the brighter side of DoubleDock, we learn that it has Infinidock compatibility, giving you two rows of infinite docking. The tweak isn’t finished yet; coming in the future is iPad compatibility as right now it only works for the iPhone and iPod touch. An additional dock appearing under the top row, giving the appearance of two docks would also be an advantage as a future update for this tweak.

If you can never decide which four applications you want in your dock, then this tweak might be just what you were looking for – giving you a more expansive docking option. The tweak doesn’t have any options to configure and you’re ready to start using it as soon as it’s installed.

Name: DoubleDock
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-23
    Requirements: iOS 5, iPhone or iPod touch
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Evan Lucas
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: Cydia
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-31-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Gotta be honest, there are so many better tweaks to spend a dollar on and even more that are free.

not worth the price.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'd prefer inifinidock. This tweak just reduces the amount of icons on the page, whereas infinidock allows more icons but allows you to scroll for more rather than take up more homescreen space. But that's just my preference, I'm sure somebody would enjoy this tweak.

Thanks

I guess Im with everyone and do not get the point of this mod. Even if there was a point, there are better ones that are either free or around the same price.

Man, I bet if I were a developer for Cydia, I'd make a better and more intuitive tweak for all you guys and it be free of charge.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I'd prefer inifinidock.
    Agree. Infinidock is what I always use for this.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 2,860 Times in 1,236 Posts

Well it looks like I'm the odd man out! I've been waiting for a tweak like this EXCEPT I want a Dock on the Top & Bottom. I'm gonna write the Developer about doing that. Also I want both docks to be ScrollingBoard/Infinidock compatible.

Just my two cents....

My video of DoubleDock:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u65m5QdhDGA&sns=em

I'm not gonna knock it and say its useless, but in its current look..it's really tacky...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DQEight View Post
    I'm not gonna knock it and say its useless, but in its current look..it's really tacky...
    I hear ya! That's why I thought a Top & Bottom Dock would 'look' better.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Well it looks like I'm the odd man out! I've been waiting for a tweak like this EXCEPT I want a Dock on the Top & Bottom. I'm gonna write the Developer about doing that. Also I want both docks to be ScrollingBoard/Infinidock compatible.

Just my two cents....

My video of DoubleDock:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u65m5QdhDGA&sns=em
    Are you using scrollingboard on iOS 5? It says it's compatible with iOS 5 but the tweak still crashes into safemode. Even disabling most tweaks still make it crash. I guess it's a unstable tweak.

As for this tweak, I think it will find its place. I might get if you can put a dock on top and bottom too. What I really want is a tweak where you can have the dock be any size without affecting the springboard icon padding.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Are you using scrollingboard on iOS 5? It says it's compatible with iOS 5 but the tweak still crashes into safemode. Even disabling most tweaks still make it crash. I guess it's a unstable tweak.

As for this tweak, I think it will find its place. I might get if you can put a dock on top and bottom too. What I really want is a tweak where you can have the dock be any size without affecting the springboard icon padding.
    Hmmm, I've had no issues w/ ScrollingBoard on my iPhones 4 & 4S w/ iOS 5.x. As for iPad 1 & 2, I've always had ScrollingBoard problems.

Anthony Douchetard spamming modmyi with USELESS tweaks. He even rated this one a 4/5!!! This guy knows his stuff.

Thanks

Roflmao
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

suckiest tweak ever developed......

I thought DoubleDock was a April Fools day joke....?

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I'm on 5.1 and ScrollingBoard working just fine...no problems....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmm, I kinda like the idea the dev did with it, adding a 2nd row. But it feels a little "bottom heavy", I wonder if you could combine it
    with other tweaks such as Shrink and squeeze another row above the dock.

This tweak is useless since it doesn't work with scrollingBoard or infinidock. If I could get a refund I would :^[

It's an app with a weight problem lol

I can see this being a really nice tweak if was half as tall and used thin, short icons to take up less room. Or even text only icons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast