+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Photo Enhancer - Supercharge Your Photos Application

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default [Review] Photo Enhancer - Supercharge Your Photos Application

Apple’s very own Photos application is beautifully made and well-integrated throughout iOS, although it always has room for improvements. One such improvement is a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed Photo Enhancer by iOS developer greensnow that allows you to supercharge your Photos application with a few more new features Apple never let you have.

Photo Enhancer starts off by allowing you to hide all photographs on demand. When you tap on the edit button at the top right of the Photos application in the view that shows you all your albums, you’ll find a new button in the top left called hide. When you tap on the hide button and then try to go into an album, you’ll notice that none of the photographs will appear. To make them appear again, tap on the edit button at the top right, then tap show at the top left and you’ll be able to go into an album and see all of your photographs again. This feature is illustrated in the screenshots above.

Another new feature Photo Enhancer brings to the Photos application is the ability to move the Camera Roll album around. Normally, the Camera Roll is always at the top of your albums list, no matter what. Apple will not let you move it. With Photo Enhancer, you can use the drag handles to move the Camera Roll album above or below any other album on your phone. This makes it much easier to find your more important albums over others. This feature is illustrated below:

As it stands right now, the tweak is free, but limited in features. It’s also pretty unfortunate when hiding all photographs in an album that you can still see the photograph thumbnail preview in the album view – in this case, people could still have an idea what’s in the album even when you hide the photographs in it. Photo Enhancer comes with a preferences pane in the Settings application, however the only setting is the ability to toggle full lock mode (which is a beta feature) and isn’t really explained at this point in time. The pane also includes some explanations about the tweak and its features.

Greensnow tells us in the Cydia description that he will be adding more features to Photo Enhancer in the future such as password protection for your albums and iMessage support.

Name: Photo Enhancer
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: greensnow
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: greensnow

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Cool tweak
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I download this app?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prettylileyes View Post
    How do I download this app?
    Search for it in Cydia. It's on the ModMyi repository.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sorry but I'm new to this but I don't find it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prettylileyes View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm new to this but I don't find it
    Unless you don't have the ModMyi source, you should be able to find this tweak very easily. Just use the "Search" function in the menu on Cydia and search for "Photo Enhancer". If it doesn't show up, I'm going to assume you don't have the MMi repository on Cydia. If that's the case, go to the Home page of Cydia and select the "More Package Sources" option. From there, you should see ModMyi listed. Click it and hit the "OK" button. From there, it will install the MMi repo on your device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i press "password protection" nothing happens same as if i press "photo enhancer tutorial", "donate", "imessage greensnow" and follow via twitter" any fix to this i am on ios 6.1.2