Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's App Store Most Profitable for Developers According to New Study

Default Apple's App Store Most Profitable for Developers According to New Study

Analytics firm Flurry revealed today that Amazon’s App Store is three times better at generating revenue for developers than Google's own Android Market, now re-branded “Google Play.”

Not bad if you’re Amazon. The only problem? Flurry used revenue generated for developers by the iOS App Store as the barometer.

According to the study Flurry set Apple’s App Store Revenue at a value of 100 percent. In a normalized comparison of leading cross-platform applications Amazon’s Appstore generated 89% of the revenue that the same app would on Apple’s App Store. Google Play managed to generate a paltry 23% of what the same app would generate on Apple’s platform.

In dollars and cents (probably the whole reason Flurry set Apple at 100) this means that for every dollar of revenue generated by Apple’s App Store, Amazon’s app store brings in $.89 per active user and Google Play brings in $.23.

"Amazon, who forked Android in order to put customers into their own shopping experience on the Kindle Fire, is showing its commerce strength, already delivering more than three times the revenue in its app store compared to what Google delivers developers," — Pete Fargo of Flurry.
    The study only adds a little insult to injury to an earlier study which claimed Google earns 80 percent of its mobile revenue from Apple’s iPhine and iPad and only 20% from its own Android platform. Amazon’s Kindle ecosystem mimics Apple’s walled garden, and appears to confirm that Android OS fragmentation isn’t as lucrative for developers, or anyone for that matter, as it could be.

Source: AppleInsider

Expect more quality apps!!

Breaking news: The sky is blue. Everyone knows most Andriod market share comes from cheap *** free or $100 crappy phones - so if you don't have the dough for an iPhone you don't have the dough for the apps

I wonder if amazon will release a phone ? it would certainly help the android app situation, but it would be stuck at a lower software version.

Thanks

Apple's iPhine and iPad...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Considering how new the Amazon app store is, that's a massive win for them.

I like using it on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and most of my old devices.

With how many Fires were sold, Amazon should continue a great profitable trend. Heck, I know Apple households that bought 2-3 Fires just for Netflix streaming and basic Internet use instead of buying a single ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Apple's iPhine and iPad...
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Typo in last paragraph.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Let me get this straight... if someone has a product people want and they sell it they can make money? Awesome!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

lol and look how much money they are losing ins":'snsnllous has almost 2 million downloads on cydia

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    Breaking news: The sky is blue. Everyone knows most Andriod market share comes from cheap *** free or $100 crappy phones - so if you don't have the dough for an iPhone you don't have the dough for the apps
    Didn't know the GS2,Evo 3D,Razor,Nexus are cheap or a $100 phones. Your whole post cries FANBOY. Having money doesn't have to do with buying apps. Take Angry Birds for example, you have to pay for it on the App Store but it's free on the Android Market.

The app store version has zero ads, and is paying developers for their work. Im all for free apps too, but really, what is a dollar?