Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Antennagate Class Action Group Can Begin Collecting Checks

Default Antennagate Class Action Group Can Begin Collecting Checks

Last month Apple announced a settlement with iPhone 4 users over the Antennagate debacle and today those involved started receiving notices how they can cash in on the $15 Apple owes them.

The settlement in question only pertains to iPhone 4 owners who were unable to obtain a free bumper case or refused to opt-in to Apple’s free bumper program.

Apple will provide a $15 cash payment to Class Members who send in a valid claim form. The claim form will require you to declare that you: (a) experienced antenna or reception issues with your iPhone 4; (b) were unable to return your iPhone 4 without incurring any costs; (c) were unwilling to use a case or free bumper for your iPhone 4; and (d) completed certain troubleshooting steps or are unable to complete the troubleshooting steps because you no longer own your iPhone 4.
    There have been reports of Apple offering free bumper cases to those who specifically request them despite the program being over. However, the settlement offers an alternative method of compensation for those who were too lazy or too stubborn to take the initial deal.

Those eligible for the $15 settlement have until August 28th to file the proper claim forms. Any objections must be filed by June 15, and a court hearing on July 13 will consider the settlement for final approval. Also, for those who see $15 as unfit compensation for the headaches of dropped calls and poor reception have until the June 15 registration date to register for their removal from the class action group and possibly pursue their own separate cases.

Months of litigation all for $15. They could buy, like, a couple of screen protectors or 3 gallons of gas with that.

Source: MacRumors

Must have been worth the hassle lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Annnd if we didn't participate in the class action lawsuit we can still get $15?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I received the email yesterday...

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know if new bumpers can be purchased? I loved the one Apple gave me and it finally wore out, now I want to get another one but can't find them.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Class Counsel will ask the Court for attorneys’ fees and expenses of up to $5.9 million and for stipends to Plaintiffs of up to $500 each
    Man those are some expensive lawyers there

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 14u2nv View Post
    On a somewhat related note, does anyone know if new bumpers can be purchased? I loved the one Apple gave me and it finally wore out, now I want to get another one but can't find them.
    Go to apples website, search bumper in top right search engine, should pull them all up for you
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

how many people are getting $15 and how many lawyers are splitting up to $5.9 million?

This is why I never bother with class action fribilous lawsuits. Only lawyers get rich at plaintiff's expense!

Since I'm not American, is there anyway I can collect this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Another 1st-world crisis solved. Sleep well America.

if i got a bumper i can't get it ?

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

All $15 Dollars !!! I'll take that and buy $15 Lottery tickets for the Half Billion!!