Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poddities Money Clip for iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S

Default Poddities Money Clip for iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S

The Poddities Money Clip for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S turns your iPhone into a holster for a few credit cards or your wad of cash. The clip can also be used to secure your iPhone to the inside of your pocket, although upside-down, to make sure it doesn’t wobble around and become uncomfortably out of place in your pocket.

The clip is attached directly to the iPhone itself using the two screw holes at the bottom of the iPhone. Depending on the time frame of your iPhone’s birthday, it may have either Phillips screws or Pentalobe screws. The good news is this clip comes with its own Phillips screws, which are just a tad longer than the iPhone’s stock screws, to hold the clip in place. The clip even comes with its own super cool-looking screwdriver (pictured above) to secure it into place with one side featuring a Phillips end and the other side featuring a Pentalobe end for removing those pesky screws Apple included in some iPhones to keep you out.

The clip appears to be made out of the same kind of metal that the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S’s antenna band is made out of; this helps it keep that sleek appearance. That being said, it’s very possible for the metal to scratch not only the band itself, however due to the possibility of unintended pressure, the clip could be rubbing on the glass panel on the rear of the iPhone and the company assumes no responsibility for damages. The clip is not intended to work with iPhone cases or docks either – it’s bare or nothing.

The Poddities Money Clip will set you back a whopping $32.80 to reserve your own for your iPhone. Whether the price is right or not for that little flap of metal is a moot point, however if you can find a home for this nice little gadget then you can pick one up from their Web site.

Sources: Strapya World via Cult of Mac

Pretentious much?

Nevermind. I'll rather use my empty pocket.

Great idea!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

$38 to scratch the back of my phone? No thanks I'll pass.

This is exactly what I need, money exposed on my expensive phone while I hold it up to my ear. Other than that, this is a pretty cool project

I like it. However I am not willing to stop using my case.

Seriously? Thats so lame.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    $38 to scratch the back of my phone? No thanks I'll pass.
    No not only that you get to break threading that those little screws are going into by prying on them every time you put something in this clip. They are not screwing into some big hunk of metal, they thread into the other side of you iPhone's back plate.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

pretentious, moi?

trollololol

Nothing about this seems like a good idea. To mean it looks like someone trying to grasp at sraws for that million dollar idea.

How on earth does this deserve attention its not like it's revolutionary there are plenty of better ways and for 40 bucks what a rip off! There are cases with chargers wallets stands clips holsters shields waterproof etc. why does this get an article..

Quote Originally Posted by Dizi View Post
    Seriously? Thats so lame.
    My phone is in my hand too much for a clip, nice design tho. Imma keep this otter-box, works fine

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    This is exactly what I need, money exposed on my expensive phone while I hold it up to my ear. Other than that, this is a pretty cool project
    I was thinking the same thing. If you don't like that, it could also be a belt clip.

This is madness, it's what a wallet is meant for! Paying as much for a wallet for a clip that ruins your phone is just insanity.

So, Anthony, how much did they pay you to post this here?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    those aluminium screws will break off real easy...
    make sure to carry torx and lots of screws in your pocket as well

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

i think your all trippin and its and early april fools joke. common now.

What utter crap. It's expensive and you're just asking to get robbed flashing you cash every time you're phone rings. How stupid...