+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Texas Instruments Already Producing Chips For September New iPhone Release

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Rumors surfaced today claiming Texas Instruments has started producing power management chips for the next iPhone due out in September. Texas Instruments already supplies a number of components for Apple
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Rumors Claim Texas Instruments Already Producing Chips For September New iPhone Release

Rumors surfaced today claiming Texas Instruments has started producing power management chips for the next iPhone due out in September.

Texas Instruments already supplies a number of components for Apple including the touchscreen controller and power management chips in the iPhone 4S. The company also produces a control device found in the new iPad. According to RepairLabs blog, their source claims the company’s management is referring to the next iPhone as the iPhone 5.

A separate Chinese source claims the next iPhone will be ready for a September release as well as feature a larger display. RepairLabs isn’t a proven source for Apple rumors, but they did post pictures of the new iPad’s back casing in February, and claim the second batch of rumors come from the same Chinese source.

Expect rumors regarding all things iPhone to pick up between now and the middle of summer. If Apple's announcement schedule holds true, the company wont release a new iPhone until this fall, and will announce the device a few weeks before. Apple's announcements no longer revolve around the WWDC and as such this summer could be rather barren in terms of major announcements outside of Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, and iMac updates.

Source: RepairLabs

Thanks

Hopefully Apple goes bold on this next update and adds a few new surprises to the iphone like no home button and make it a gesture phone. Add the more capabilities to the music app like editing info/artwork ect. Be able to add new music w/o itunes!!! Add thunderbolt or a better way to charge the thing. Make it waterproof?!?!! Bottom line, apple better change up the updates to the iphone and add something besides software updates

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    Hopefully Apple goes bold on this next update and adds a few new surprises to the iphone like no home button and make it a gesture phone. Add the more capabilities to the music app like editing info/artwork ect. Be able to add new music w/o itunes!!! Add thunderbolt or a better way to charge the thing. Make it waterproof?!?!! Bottom line, apple better change up the updates to the iphone and add something besides software updates
    Add new music without iTunes? 0.o

Don't we already have that?
    Anyways. A new way of charging would be cool

Thanks

Haha, I'll rephrase that. Add new mp3s to the music app via the iphone itself from the internet or from dropbox ect. Same with videos. Kinda add on to the Apples way of thinking of completely separating the iphone, ipod, and iPad from computers and laptops. Have the same abilities as you in itunes on the iphone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Waterproof!!!! PLEASE!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Add new mp3s to the music app via the iphone itself from the internet or from dropbox ect. Same with videos.

And loose revenue from you for not paying for downloads or iTunes Match??
    Dream on...

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

all we really need from the iPhone 5
    1. 4G LTE
    2. HD FaceTime
    3. 1GB RAM
    4. A5X processor or higher
    5. much improved battery life

It would also be nice to have iPhones made from titanium and look similar to the rest of Apple's products.
    And of course, we need iOS 6.0 to fix all of the issues we have with the iOS platform... but I'm not holding my breath.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, I'll rephrase that. Add new mp3s to the music app via the iphone itself from the internet or from dropbox ect. Same with videos. Kinda add on to the Apples way of thinking of completely separating the iphone, ipod, and iPad from computers and laptops. Have the same abilities as you in itunes on the iphone
    you can do this already with gremlin..works great for me

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JPili View Post
    Waterproof!!!! PLEASE!!!!
    I 100% agree. Its honestly about time a phone company does something like that. I'm not even going to tell you how many times ive dropped my phone in the lake, bath, toilet, or a little puddle just big enough to reach your headphone and charger jack.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can't wait. Battery on my 4s is chit. So is the god awful buzzing static noise I get on 90% of calls. Sigh. Hopefully the new hardware will prove better. I'm also crossing all my fingers for a larger screen.

Btw I love the mockup in the original post. Edge to edge screen plus thinner top and bottom. Looks great!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    all we really need from the iPhone 5
    1. 4G LTE
    2. HD FaceTime
    3. 1GB RAM

It would also be nice to have iPhones made from titanium and look similar to the rest of Apple's products.
    And of course, we need iOS 6.0 to fix all of the issues we have with the iOS platform... but I'm not holding my breath.
    And i am hoping they will add e-wallet capability to the next iphone (I live in japan and I use my galaxy sII to pay for things that i am buying in here) 😊

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    you can do this already with gremlin..works great for me
    Can't find it on Cydia. Is it on Cydia?
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Add new music without iTunes? 0.o

Don't we already have that?
    Anyways. A new way of charging would be cool
    Hopefully we get a matte back so it doesn't scratch so easily either !

Thanks

Bigger screen would be nice

Thanks

how much y'all wanna bet that the next iPhone will simply be dubbed "The new iPhone" and not "iPhone 5" or something similar?

That question is kinda out of place, but I see several people here calling it the iPhone 5 and it just got me thinking.

Thanks

I really hope the iPhone 5 does not look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    how much y'all wanna bet that the next iPhone will simply be dubbed "The new iPhone" and not "iPhone 5" or something similar?

That question is kinda out of place, but I see several people here calling it the iPhone 5 and it just got me thinking.
    ooh god, I think I'd prefer the design above before the design that website shows.lol

I also hope they never remove the physical home. then how would we enter DFU mode to jailbreak and restore?

I gotta say, I really love the current design of the iPhone 4/4S (Am I the only one here?lol). To me it looks perfected. The device is actually very sturdy. My iPhone 4 has takin' some mean falls, and it seems pretty tough to me. With a bumper on, the edges are raised so it's well protected with even a small/thin bumper case on it. If the design changes too much, I'm not going any higher than a 4S.lol. That's just me tho. To each his own.

The current design is "almost" perfect. I say "almost" only because I wish the screen was maybe a 1/4" bigger. Even a half inch wouldn't be so bad........Any more then that is way too big IMO.

The edge to edge screen does not look too bad I guess......If only the curved edges and bezel back wasn't there (Which I think looks good actually, just scratches way too easily and just not practical IMO), and it was more square like.
    Last edited by ZĄG; 03-29-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks

All that looks like is an upside-down Magic Mouse... Fugly for a phone, IMO

Green Apple
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=klouud;6467786]all we really need from the iPhone 5
    1. 4G LTE
    2. HD FaceTime
    3. 1GB RAM

6.) 4" Screen.
    7.) Headphones that actually produce a good quality sound.

I'll buy that iPhone outright and not worry about the upgrade fee. Doubt they'll give it that major of a face-lift though. )-:

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. I think that the current iPhone design is pretty solid. I see room for display enlargement. I'm not an engineer nor do I know if the internals could be situated so the display could be expanded further down towards the home button, up towards the receiver, and out to the edges, but that would be nice. Honestly, I don't find the new iPad very impressive, but then again I'm not a huge tablet person. I would like to think that Apple will give us a really great new gen iPhone. Let's hope the 4s and new iPad allowed Apple to focus on the design (physically & technically) of the upcoming iPhone. If not I'd sure like to know what the hell their wasting their time on. I really hope that the UI is completely redesigned (employee FIF7Y), because I cannot stand the stock UI. Apple has the capability to create a really sleek, clean, and dynamic interface.