+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flickr Data Reveals iPhone as Most Popular Consumer Digital Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
According to the latest data from Flickr, Apple's iPhone is not only a popular digital camera in its own right among consumers, it's also the preferred camera of choice overall.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Flickr Data Reveals iPhone as Most Popular Consumer Digital Camera

According to the latest data from Flickr, Apple's iPhone is not only a popular digital camera in its own right among consumers, it's also the preferred camera of choice overall.

The numbers from Flickr don't lie. The iPhone's camera is such a hot commodity with users that many folks now view their smartphone as their primary digital camera. In a head-to-head match-up, the iPhone finishes ahead of some pretty serious competition in the digital camera industry.

In particular, the iPhone 4 beats out the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Nikon D90, Canon EOS REBEL T2i, and Canon EOS 7D.
    It is the most popular digital camera and cameraphone.

Analyst Ben A. Reitzes of Barclays told investors this week that Apple's smartphone remains "the digital camera of choice for consumers and enthusiasts." Reitzes maintains that the camera's quality is just one aspect of the iPhone's popularity. The convenience, ability to quickly share images, and pretty snazzy photo editing tools have all contributed to the device's reputation as a leading digital camera.

"This usability helps warrant a premium for the product and creates stickiness with software that connects consumers with other Apple products," Reitzes said.

Sources: Flickr, Apple Insider

Green Apple
    Thanks

I love how out of place the HTC EVO 4G looks on the second set of results :P

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No surprise here. The amount of people who take casual group and scenery photos on vacation or road trips with a convenient phone in their pocket will always VASTLY outnumber those who do professional photography that requires the use of much higher-performing cameras and optics.

Thanks

Last edited by confucious; 03-30-2012 at 05:09 AM. Reason: typo
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Somehow I feel that girls taking pictures of their tits in their underwear and uploading it is the same as actual photography.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Excust me....is NOT the same as real photography. I'd edit the post but this website blows and I can't view more than one comment unless I log out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just wondering where is samsung in this list? samsung claim that they are the fastest growing smart phone, then why they are not in this list?
    Last edited by dikraduni; 04-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.