Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Out of All iPhone 4S Users, About 87% Use Siri Monthly

Default Out of All iPhone 4S Users, 87% Use Siri Monthly

Siri has unquestionably proven to be an advantageous tool for iPhone 4S users, however following the jailbreak for the iPhone 4S Siri not only became more useful through Siri-enhancing tweaks, but it expanded to older iDevices because of high demand. Many people argue that Siri is a moot point for the iPhone 4S, however the numbers show that a staggering 87% of iPhone 4S users just canít live without using Siri at least once on a monthly basis.

Clearly, not everyone has a use for Siri. Some people just prefer going into their applications and tapping on things themselves instead of relying on a voice-based assistant to check the weather, set reminders, and find out the answer to 2+2. Many people also find it absolutely annoying having to speak out loud to operate a phone.

While 87% of iPhone 4S users just canít put Siri down, only a mere 9% of iPhone 4S users say that Siri is an unhelpful assistant and 55% of Siriís users think she is a very helpful assistant. These statistics have been recorded from a test performed by Parks Associates.

These numbers donít include the non-legitimate Siri users on the iPhone 4 or older, iPad, and iPod touch. We imagine that since users installing Siri on their older devices have the choice to install Siri on their devices or not, they would have a good reason for installing Siri and therefore think she was rather useful Ė possibly making the satisfaction rate even higher.

Sources: MacRumors

...monthly? How at all does this mean anything!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Agree. Launching Siri once a month doesnt mean I use it or like it.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Although I use it daily sometimes I activate by accident. I'm sure this would account for a percentage of that number.

The only reason why I use Siri is to get the weather.

I can see the use of Siri but for me. I don't use her at all. Monthly I don't think is a good thing to go on in my opinion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    It shows that many people actually do use it at least once a month? Some people I know say it's completely useless and don't use Siri at all. This just shows how many people do actually use it.

8GB iPod Touch 1G: 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.2 > 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.2.1 > 3.0 > 3.0.1 GM RedSn0wed
    16GB iPhone 3G > Sold $375 > iPhone 4: 4.2.8 > 5.0
    32GB iPad: 3.2 > 3.2.1 > Traded For MacBook > Traded + $500 For MacBook Pro

There's only one thing more annoying than having to find out stuff with a finger rather than your voice ... and that's having to repeat yourself.
    Screen-clicking is much much easier than talking unnaturally distinctly.

i dunno, once a month is usually something like showing it to a friend, or accidently running it. Maybe usage by the week would have a more significant meaning.

I keep it turned off.... Never used it.

I use it for hands free calling as well as text messages an reminders when it works .

Quote Originally Posted by sTrAnGe mOdS View Post
    It shows that many people actually do use it at least once a month? Some people I know say it's completely useless and don't use Siri at all. This just shows how many people do actually use it.
    How does it show if they actually use it. It's like saying you play a sport cause you play it every month. This survey pretty much states how many times I use an Easter egg or show it off. No one finds it convenient to randomly talk to there self or to talk out loud randomly that's why they invented texting-.-

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

<----- 13%

What did you put in your fan boy pipe today?? Is your article even serious? http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-57...-iphone-users/

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

So 87% of the population of users that have the 4S are lazy
    I have a 4s and I almost never use siri

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    So 87% of the population of users that have the 4S are lazy
    I have a 4s and I almost never use siri
    Cool. I use Siri and I don't even have an iPhone 4S.

Well, I use it for voice dialing, and checking my text messages daily. I find it quite convenient. On occasion I use it to locate near by businesses and so on. I don't know why people wouldn't. I'll admit though it has it's disadvantages... When it's down and not able to assist.

i use it probalby once a week, if i drove more i'd use it a lot more.. I dont think siri was intended to use day in day out like people thought it was. Siri is helpfull when concentratinig on your screen to type something isnt an easy task.. ie jogging, driving, walking. Or even in a hurry. Its much easier to ask siri to remind you to do something than it is to unlock, open reminders, add a reminder and set everything up.. Same with appointments and calendar events.. I never used my calendar till i got siri

Hardly use it only for facts about Chuck Norris he's sees through 3D ye know!

i only use to get weather ...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast