Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 3/19 - 3/25

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 3/19 - 3/25

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of March 19th until today, March 25th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a recap.

1. Bars - FREE

Bars is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer phoenix3200 with the aim of making your iPhone or cellular iPad’s signal strength indicator more accurate by increasing its increment display abilities. For instance, instead of showing a whole bar for only about a 3.5 signal, it will show you 3.5 bars instead of 4. The signal bars are updated in real time so you always know your true signal strength instead of what the cellular providers want you to think you have.

2. Mail Enhancer Pro - $4.99

Mail Enhancer Pro is Stefan Möllenkamp’s newest version of Mail Enhancer. It comes with features you would expect Apple’s Mail application to have already, but doesn’t have. The features are extensive: assigning up to three signatures per e-mail address, automatic HTML conversion, notification options, highlighting, swipe gestures, and message filtering. Mail Enhancer Pro has discounted pricing if you’ve bought Mail Enhancer and is totally worth the money for any iDevice e-mail addict.

3. Data Usage Monitor - $1.99

Data Usage Monitor is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Elias Limneos that allows you to better manage your cellular data. It will display your data download usage in real time as you are using your cellular data right in your status bar. From the preferences pane made available to you in the Settings application after installing Data Usage Monitor, you can set yourself a monthly limit and automatically turn off your cellular data when you reach your limit to help you save money on a monthly basis if you are capped. I highly recommend this tweak for any capped data users that are always being caught going over their caps and have to pay overages.

4. Sparrow Push - FREE

Sparrow Push is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Kim Streich that attempts to add push notifications to the beautiful Sparrow e-mail client for iOS ($2.99). Currently, the Sparrow application does not support push notifications because Apple would not allow it after the beta release. Kim found this to be heart breaking and therefore created Sparrow Push to make it work how he wanted it to. Currently, Sparrow Push only supports badges, however full Notification Center support is on its way and Sparrow will soon act like any other push-enabled application on iOS because of it. Kudos Kim!

5. AppUpdateNotifier - $1.49

AppUpdateNotifier is a new jailbreak tweak by iOS development firm S2 IT Consulting LLC that notifies you whenever you have an update for one of your App Store applications. It has full iOS 5 Notification Center support to give you lock screen, pop-up, and Notification Center alerts as well as its own widget for checking for updates manually or disabling auto-check. From the preferences pane in the Settings application after installing, you can choose the increments for when AppUpdateNotifier will look for updates for your applications. If you slack on updates, this tweak is a must for you.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on Modmyi!

Thanks

Love these tweaks. Except for Sparrow Push...
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

I agree...love them..the data monitor is going to save my wife and my wallet

no good tweaks this week ... a tweak that gets my imessage to work would definitely be something to shout about.

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    no good tweaks this week ... a tweak that gets my imessage to work would definitely be something to shout about.
    I had the same problem but followed the guide to fix using SAMprefs sorry can't remember the URL but if you google something like "fix push notifications and iMessage " you should find it pretty easily worked great for me and for a friend as well

Sorry forgot to include "jailbroken iPhone" in the google search I just posted

Bars doesnt show up on my cydia.....and i have no changes so im upto date

forget it, found it.

Data usage monitor sounds great, hope it works like it should.
    Last edited by c14rlf; 03-26-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb4 View Post
    I agree...love them..the data monitor is going to save my wife and my wallet
    haha, i don't know if the above 5 apps are really the best jailbreak creations for the week. but i will give it a try since there are no other better ones.
    I can't stop laughing!

The data usage WOULD be good if the amount used stayed at the top instead of only showing whenever it feels like it

i want (no update) download link

A block update tweak would be good

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    wHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT? Installing cracked apps much there

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Is "Bars" themable?
    Yes, but it would be harder because there are more images.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Sparrow.app is a superior email client compared to mail.app. Having push is awesome!

"No Update" and "NoOTAupdate" work great for this.

Oh and if you are talking about application updates that is what "AppUpdateNotifier" is for.
    Last edited by Truckerbear; 03-26-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Wish they would update to notifications

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hadzo View Post
    wHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT? Installing cracked apps much there
    No, he probably just has pages or something similar. These only work on 5.1 unless you trick the system like I did, but he doesn't want to, he just wants to ignore it.

Update hider for iOS 5.