+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More iPhone Display Rumors: Apple Will Stick With 3.5-Inch Display

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by buttamix . No one complains about the big android phones not fitting right in the pocket so I'm pretty sure if apple did a LARGE screen we
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    . No one complains about the big android phones not fitting right in the pocket so I'm pretty sure if apple did a LARGE screen we would be ok. When I put my iPhone in my pocket now it's not like it even takes up that much space anyway. So I say up the screen size we really won't feel the difference.
    Hmm Yet I hear all the Battery complaints all the Dam time! the Big screened Androids have battery life even worse than Iphones

So you want to end up with a 4 hour battery life due to the Big screen?

Also there was a time we wanted smaller lighter phones, I know I'm so happy with with my I4 that I do not want to upgrade yet and if the screen gets bigger I probably look for a on old 4s at that point

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    . No one complains about the big android phones not fitting right in the pocket so I'm pretty sure if apple did a LARGE screen we would be ok. When I put my iPhone in my pocket now it's not like it even takes up that much space anyway. So I say up the screen size we really won't feel the difference.
    Most people that buy the large screen phones are people that crave it. iPhone users are everyone from 50-70 year olds that just need a phone to younger people.

Apple makes a product that suites all shapes and sizes of people. I doubt they will change there game plan on this. I would be surprised if the iPhone screen was ever bigger than 4 inches

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    How About make one regular size for regular and small people. And one large iPhone for the big and tall people.
    Then you're going to have big and tall people buying the regular and the small people buying the big phones.. Hmm..why do I have this image of Fred flinstone and the brontosaurus slab of ribs tipping the car over? Hmm.. I dunno.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    Can I please just get a 9.5-in iPhone like my friend here?
    Please.....

ah, dat shyt iz funny, wow. And the thing that is so scary is that all this these companies have all, I mean all the technology to keep us(consumer)occupied, but they are " spooning us" man/woman..that tablet only needs a little mod in order to talk on it (Bluetooth), annnnnd they haven't. We(the consumer) I feel are idiotic in a sense in re: technology ( buyers point of view). What people need is a tablet w/ built in phone,AND a possible slide out phone to carry from the device when on the go, I mean go figure, what sense does it make to have a cellphone, laptop etc.. And your luggage? Nah, too much4 me. As far as the future I phone? 3.5 no bigger than 4.2, I love the design so, oh and nano-coating w/free case I'm pretty sure they(apple) will handle the rest as far I (the consumer) concerned. I hope. Fin.

Ahh

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn@rd. View Post
    ah, dat shyt iz funny, wow. And the thing that is so scary is that all this these companies have all, I mean all the technology to keep us(consumer)occupied, but they are " spooning us" man/woman..that tablet only needs a little mod in order to talk on it (Bluetooth), annnnnd they haven't. We(the consumer) I feel are idiotic in a sense in re: technology ( buyers point of view). What people need is a tablet w/ built in phone,AND a possible slide out phone to carry from the device when on the go, I mean go figure, what sense does it make to have a cellphone, laptop etc.. And your luggage? Nah, too much4 me. As far as the future I phone? 3.5 no bigger than 4.2, I love the design so, oh and nano-coating w/free case I'm pretty sure they(apple) will handle the rest as far I (the consumer) concerned. I hope. Fin.

Ahh
    Um sorry for that type-0 I meant to say 4inches on the I phone screen, not 4.2, four incharoonies y'all.
    Last edited by Kenn@rd.; 03-27-2012 at 02:19 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Those who just want a dumbphone, want to keep the iPhone screen as small as possible - maybe even smaller.
    But that generally only includes girly-girls and little old ladies who want to slip a small phone into a small handbag - basically, people who regard phones as fashion accessories and status symbols ... really a little bit ghey.
    But those who want to use the web in any way, want at least 4.3"

Thanks

Sorry, I don't think I fit into any of those categories...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Those who just want a dumbphone, want to keep the iPhone screen as small as possible - maybe even smaller.
    But that generally only includes girly-girls and little old ladies who want to slip a small phone into a small handbag - basically, people who regard phones as fashion accessories and status symbols ... really a little bit ghey.
    But those who want to use the web in any way, want at least 4.3"
    Well I'm a 29 year old non "ghey" that is fine with the screen size. I also create theme such as 2uinique among others. So not sure where your getting your data

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Well I'm a 29 year old non "ghey" that is fine with the screen size. I also create theme such as 2uinique among others. So not sure where your getting your data
    But a non-ghey who obviously doesn't browse the web on his phone much .... or the 3.5" screen would be a deal-breaker.
    The only people I know who claim to find 3.5" acceptable for browsing are iFanboys who can't bear any criticism of any aspect of any Apple product.
    Does that fit any better ?
    Let's face it, if the iPhone had an 8.5" screen, they'd probably say that was the perfect size too.
    But that's iFanboy rationality for you (or should that be i-rationality ?)

Thanks

No, my iPad has a bigger screen. Any bigger than 3.5" on the phone is to big to be used one handed. If you want a bigger screen buy an iPad or an Android device. You have choices, don't take away the perfect phone size away from us.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No, my iPad has a bigger screen. Any bigger than 3.5" on the phone is to big to be used one handed. If you want a bigger screen buy an iPad or an Android device. You have choices, don't take away the perfect phone size away from us.
    As I said, you obviously don't browse on it much - because nobody browses the web one-handed.
    Really begs the question of what you're doing with your other hand.
    Maybe you're someone who sees nothing wrong in texting while driving ?

Thanks

You really are struggling to understand, aren't you? I browse the web a bit - which is why I have an iPad to do that. My phone is a phone which I occasionally use to browse the web and do many other things, but I use my phone one habded, if I want something bigger to use with both hands i use my iPad. is that simple enough for you?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You really are struggling to understand, aren't you? I browse the web a bit - which is why I have an iPad to do that. My phone is a phone which I occasionally use to browse the web and do many other things, but I use my phone one habded, if I want something bigger to use with both hands i use my iPad. is that simple enough for you?
    Calm down dear, it's not a commercial.
    As you admit, you don't browse on your iPhone - which really just confirms my suggestion.
    That puts you into the dumbphone user category - which really just confirms my initial suggestion.
    But the iPhone is a smartphone - and as such, should be aimed at smartphone-user requirements ... chief among which is web-browsing - which requires a minimum screensize of 4.3"

Perhaps Apple will bring out a 2.5" screen feature phone.
    That would suit you perfectly.

Thanks

You really fail to see why the majority of users prefer a 3.5" phone?
    Not a lot more I can say to that. Maybe you should go Android.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You really fail to see why the majority of users prefer a 3.5" phone?
    Not a lot more I can say to that. Maybe you should go Android.
    Well of course the majority of users prefers a 3.5" phone.
    Those who wanted a bigger screen are no longer users.
    And I HAVE gone to Android - though I still have my iPhone-4 ... but its tiny screen means it's no longer my primary phone (now the stunning HTC Evo-3D) and it's only used in the car for internet-radio and Satnav duties.

The longer Apple stays with the 3.5" screen, the faster Android's share of the market will continue to grow.
    Could have told them that three years ago, but somehow I didn't think they'd be listening.
    Guess they're learning the hard way.
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 03-28-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks

I'm sure you did tell them 3 years ago and they didn't listen then and won't now. Like you say, all those that want a bigger phone have already left.

Please reply as I'm sure you want the last word. I won't bother replying again. You know better than Apple, which is why they are doing so poorly....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm sure you did tell them 3 years ago and they didn't listen then and won't now. Like you say, all those that want a bigger phone have already left.

Please reply as I'm sure you want the last word. I won't bother replying again. You know better than Apple, which is why they are doing so poorly....
    OK then, here goes.

Looks like you've been silenced by a lack of ammunition.
    The iPhone is superior to Android devices in most respects - which should mean that Android doesn't get a look in.
    But Android vs iPhone sales growth tells a rather different story - and that's simply down to the fact that smartphone users want bigger screens ... and are prepared to forsake iOS for them.

If you feel you can, please reply.

Thanks

Thats one of the reasons I left and got a Galaxy S2. Bigger screen. After using it, I could never go back to a smaller screen. And yes, it fits in the pocket fine. And yes can be used with one hand.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jasvncnt10 For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (03-28-2012)

Banned
    Thanks

I dont believe in rumors but i wish the upcoming iphone will have big screen and obviously comfortable to carry.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123