Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More iPhone Display Rumors: Apple Will Stick With 3.5-Inch Display

Thanks

No chance the dock will change

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    If they would just use the entire front for the display it would be great. No need to increase iPhone case dimensions then.
    Be practical.
    You'd be clicking the screen any time it moved in your hand.

If Apple DON'T go for a larger screen (maybe as an option), they'll continue to bleed market share to Android device-makers.
    Simple as that.
    For every iFanboi who claims to prefer a 3.5", there are 20 consumers who will want a larger screen because they want to be able to websurf comfortably.

And rumours aren't worth wasting the time of entertaining.

screen size doesn't concern me, just interested in the battery power and processing speeds for the new iPhone, slightly bigger screen = slightly more battery and processing power.. iPad3 is already having charging battery issues along with over heating, they will just be adding more the their ios problem..

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Be practical.
    You'd be clicking the screen any time it moved in your hand.
    no it would work if there's a sleep button still at the top and a home button on the side as well.. now for the front side cam and phone speaker on top, that's up in the air, but not impossible now days..
    Last edited by n0id; 03-24-2012 at 11:05 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheExtra404 View Post
    eh, i will wait and see what the real iphone will look like when they announce it...
    until then no rumors for me.
    Exactly! Just look at all the bs YouTube vids and various pics that showed an "iPhone 5" prior to the release of the 4s. There's way to much crap out there to believe anything until apple actually announces the product. I'm sure it'll be a great phone, but I'll stick with my i4 and i4s until its jailbroken (I'm even considering NOT purchasing another iPhone until a way to downgrade is released, but that's a lot to wait for).

Default Can I please just get a 9.5-in iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    Booo
    Can I please just get a 9.5-in iPhone like my friend here?
    Please.....

I hope that they stick with a similar design to the one pictured above. I also hope the stay with the 3.5" screen. Not to mention 4g LTE would be very nice too. But I wont be able to get a new iPhone for a while. I just got my 4s the other month so I'll probably have to wait for the iPhone 5s or 6.

Thanks

Some of the other phones that have come out are too big. It's a phone, not a tablet. I would be happy if it has the same size screen or just a bit bigger. It's hard to believe anyone would think of switching away from an iPhone to something else just because they want a bigger screen. Those other phones just suck. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by barret752004 View Post
    Some of the other phones that have come out are too big. It's a phone, not a tablet. I would be happy if it has the same size screen or just a bit bigger. It's hard to believe anyone would think of switching away from an iPhone to something else just because they want a bigger screen. Those other phones just suck. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    I know right. I really hate these new phones like the one from Samsung or whatever that is being advertised specifically because it's part phone part tablet.

I'm perfectly fine with a 3.5in display if I need a bigger display then I just go to my iPad. 4.6 inches is huge. Apple will more Likely go to 3.85-4.0in range max

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barret752004 View Post
    Apple can't stick with a 3.5" screen forever...

You can't really compare a phone to a tablet in size displays as there's a major difference. Going from 3.5" to 9 is a big step up; 3.5" to 4" or even 4.5" is hardly anything to complain about. Smart Phones are mini tablets (in a sense), so I see nothing wrong with increasing the display just a bit.

Apple is smart when it comes to designing their products, so I'm sure they'd be able to up the screen size without sacrificing much of a form factor or adding bulk.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

If the iPhone is like that picture I will never buy one. I love the shape it's the chrome back. All those scratches... All those scratches...

I'm perfectly fine with the screen size...you have to remember that it's still a phone. I'd feel awkward holding a 4" screen to my head, those android phones make no sense to me. If Apple make it any bigger, I'll switch my back to my N95.

I think that the new I phone should have; #1 a choice in screens, 3.5 is nice but bigger is nice,a coat of nano-protectant would be fine,and how about some rubber around the phone(external modifications)? I'm clumsy and I love technology so I need the best of both worlds. I do have an otter case which is xl-ent and I recommend

My son has one of those Samsung infuse with a 4.5 screen, in my opinion it's way to big to fit in my hands comfortably so maybe if apple sticks with the 3.5 screen it still would be fine, better yet maybe just a bit bigger like a 3.75 or a 4 inch screen

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    They need to:

3) Flashing indicator of missed notifications

There's tons more but the third option should definitely happen...

This is one key feature some other phones have the iPhone doesn't I love seeing my phone from however far away blinking letting me know of notifications.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Here's what I'm betting Apple will do.....They will simply make the screen a 3.7" screen....keeping the same positioning of the ear speaker, proximity speaker, and home button. Just under the barrier for staying inside the "Retina" category, and just big enough to shut everyone up for another couple of years.

So now they've maintained their overall phone dimensions and shape to minimize cost and will use their meh screen size increase and 4G LTE as their chief selling points.

Then the phone will be plagued with overheating issues, battery issues, and probably LTE connectivity issues from poor execution on the chip design or placement. Then they'll just tell u to call AT&T and essentially wash their hands of the issue. They'll blame the overheating on user habits and the battery issue on user habits as well.

Or maybe the R&D team for Apple will finally wake the hell up and get this device right for a change and truly make it better WITHOUT significant trade-offs. I'll be rooting for this.....but I won't get my hopes up.
    Last edited by RICO_; 03-25-2012 at 08:31 PM.

The 3.5'' screen is just make me to handle it comfortably beacause I don't have one pair of big hands. But if someone think it is small want to change it larger ,I think 3.7'' is well,not too big but bigger for that people want change screens.

I think 3.6" is better.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by chinapaulo View Post
    If the next iPhone doesn't have a larger screen, I might have to consider a Samsung.
    If the next iPhone has a larger screen, i will continue using it, haha!
    I can't stop laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    They need to:

1) Up the screen size;
    2) Make serious changes to the graphical UI (icon redesigns, like the Clock, Calendar and Photos - they look thrown together; no more gloss, etc);
    3) Flashing indicator of missed notifications

There's tons more but the first two should definitely happen...
    you're so right that would be awsome

U

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I think 3.6" is better.
    I totally agree... Hmm......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast