+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Survey Shows Best Buy Selling as Many iPhones as Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Survey Shows Best Buy Selling as Many iPhones as Apple

Is Best Buy selling almost as many iPhones as Apple is directly? Seems hard to believe. But it's true - that's if the results of a new survey from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) are accurate.

The research outfit surveyed new iPhone buyers between December 2011 and February 2012 to discover where the buyers purchased their device. All told, 76 percent of iPhone sales came from a retail store with online stores claiming 24 percent.

CIRP’s data shows that Apple only sold 15 percent of all iPhones purchased in the U.S. during the period of the survey. AT&T sold 32 percent with Verizon coming close with 30 percent. Sprint, on the other hand, sold just 7 percent.

Incredibly, Best Buy sold 13 percent of the new iPhones, only 2 percent less than iPhone maker Apple. As a result, some are asserting today that Best Buy is almost as important to Apple's iPhone sales as Apple's retail and online stores are.

“Apple Stores and the Apple Web site are tremendously productive, but they are limited by their relatively small retail footprint,” CIRP’s Josh Lowitz told AllThingsD. “There are four times as many Best Buy stores, and probably 20 times as many AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint stores, so aggressive distribution through all these channels is critical to Apple’s U.S. strategy.”

Source: CIRP via All Things D

Thanks

Where I live almost everyone buy their idevices from Best Buy or sometimes from Wal Mart.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm surprised that Verizon sells that
    Many iPhones. I recently got hired a Verizon Authorized retailer and we absolutely don't sell em unless necessary because the commission is the same as a basic phone while and android/windows/blackberry pays twice as much.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Its very believable. Apple Stores aren't everywhere. There are WAY more BestBuy stores out there. Also, I wouldn't want to buy a phone online. I want to see it, feel it and do it in a store so I know that when I walk out, my phone is in functional order and is set up on my account properly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Best Buy - high prices for ignorant people. Apple.... *insert troll-face here*

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I never buy anything from Best Buy. This thread is a lie.