Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reuters Report Claims Next iPhone Will Have Larger Retina Display

Give me 4+ inches on that screen and I'm likely to ditch the iPhone....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I thought apple specifically stated the reason they will never change the screen size is the fact that the iPhone 4 is a phone you can hold and work with in 1 hand. Your thumb can reach both ends of the screen. Apple didn't like the whole big *** screen thing. But who knows

I can see it happening. Apple constantly goes back on what it says about features and ends up putting it in their devices. Why would a larger screen be any different?

Banned
    Thanks

apple fans have been wanting lager displays for a long long time now, I think its time apple gives them what they want.

It has to be at least a 4". 4.6" seems massive and against the apple ideology.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am certainly ready for a larger screen.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    "the likelihood of this rumor being true is likely low"

Such superb writing. You could have added more 'likelys' to this
    What brings you back to MMI Mike? Have you now been banned from all the other forums on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I really hope this is not true - I have an iPad for a larger screen, the last thing I want is to have to carry a massive phone around. Keep the iPhone the perfect size it is.
    I hear a lot of people clamoring for a bigger screen, so maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm with confucious on this one. I don't want to be hauling a tablet, phablet or any other type of brick around with me.
    Last edited by csglinux; 03-22-2012 at 12:38 PM.

I highly doubt this is true. I have used the bigger screen devices. ie: Google Galaxy Nexus... its nearly impossible to use one handed. It does not make sense to make the screen much bigger its usability goes down. Big screen (4.2 inches and above) devices look good but are not one handed friendly. I think the iPhone 5 will be the same size with the A6 quad core processor and 1 GB of ram. LTE with a curve to the device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

Holding the 4S and theres still plenty room for screen to size up and it be HAND FRIENDLY

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As stated earlier, developers now need to make 2x (retina) and non retina. If the resolution is changed by even one pixel, developers would need to go through the process of making images 3.6 retina, and regular retina.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I thought apple specifically stated the reason they will never change the screen size is the fact that the iPhone 4 is a phone you can hold and work with in 1 hand. Your thumb can reach both ends of the screen. Apple didn't like the whole big *** screen thing. But who knows
    Yep, just another reason why I like the iPod and iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepa View Post
    "the likelihood of this rumor being true is likely low"

such superb writing. You could have added more 'likelys' to this
    lol xd

I just hope apple use's guerilla glass 2.. Its gonna be a mess when people start dropping them, I still got my iPhone4 mint condition since feb 2010, its still surviving falls from time to time because of my case, but if the iPhone 5 is gonna be a inch or so bigger, I don't think i want a case on it.. Especially if it's gonna look like the photo above.

I really hope this is not true - I have an iPad for a larger screen, the last thing I want is to have to carry a massive phone around. Keep the iPhone the perfect size it is.
    I agree 100% I got a tablet for a larger screen, my desktop for an even larger screen 31" and my LED-LCD flatscreen for a really big screen 60". I want my iphone small and able to fit inside my pocket with my heaphones and a pen and maybe my money clip. Not just my phone and a weird almost 5" rectangle in my pants.

It'll look like i'm perpetually happy to see who ever I'm talking to.

This is one of the reasons I moved over to Android. Wanted a bigger screen. Got a Galaxy S2 even though i thought It may be a bit too big. But I love it. I could never go back to the smaller scree now. And I can still use it without a problem with one hand.

Very wise. For those of you that want a bigger screen, that is one of the benefits of Android.
    People have a choice.
    Please don't try and ruin the Apple experience, if you don't like it, try Android.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Bigger is better? When it comes to phones? Is this what you want? Attachment 574804
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That was funny as fuk. ahh..

Why cant they just offer two sizes at the same time?

Thanks

I really hope the screen stays the same size. If you want a bigger screen get an iPad. Simple.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

4.6" is way too big. 4" max for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnooki View Post
    Why cant they just offer two sizes at the same time?
    So we can pay more for the same phone but bigger screen?
    You know Apple will milk us this way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast