Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CardSwitcher 2.0 Released

Default CardSwitcher 2.0 Released

iOS multitasking is nice, but there are a myriad of ways to improve it – especially graphically. Coming to the ring to compete with it is iOS developer iKy1e, the creator of CardSwitcher, which is a WebOS-like multitasking interface for iOS. Just released is version 1.9.9-65 (dubbed 2.0) with a major overhaul and in fact, not even one line of identical code to the previous version as it has been rewritten completely from scratch.

The update brings not only smooth-as-butter animations, iOS 5 compatibility, and extreme stability, which the older versions did lack, however it also comes with a new view dubbed live view. Live view allows applications that aren’t suspended by iOS to be moving around in real time while in the background and being viewed through CardSwitcher. This is most notable with games where the environment is always moving. Since iOS multitasking suspends most applications, live view will only pertain to the last-opened application before launching CardSwitcher. If you’re using Backgrounder, which keeps iOS from suspending applications, then all of the applications in the background will show in live view.

Cardflow multitasking as been removed (not to be confused with card view) to make way for a new type of graphical interface called the grid. Pictured above, the grid view places applications in a 2x2 grid with ‘X’ buttons for closing the applications. If you give the grid a little pinch, you can expand your view to a 3x3 grid, which is extremely useful for when you have numerous applications open at once:

Once installed, CardSwitcher puts a preferences pane in the Settings application with many kinds of customization settings; the first being an Activator action so you can invoke CardSwitcher on demand separately from the App Switcher (by default, CardSwitcher replaces the App Switcher when you double-press the home buttom). Under that is the option to sync your CardSwitcher multitasking with the App Switcher by having CardSwitcher truly close applications when you quit them from CardSwitcher. The last category has to do with the interface – from here you can choose between card or grid view, choose to have the wallpaper or a black background behind the CardSwitcher interface, or the ability to show or hide the ‘X’ buttons. Applications can be closed one of three ways: 1. Swiping up on them; 2. Swiping down on them; 3. Tapping their ‘X’ buttons. The settings are shown below:

CardSwitcher works with any iOS 4 or iOS 5 iDevice including the iPad. Coming in the future for CardSwitcher will be drop shadows for the applications to give it more depth in appearance and new multitasking interface types. This is a pretty awesome-looking multitasking tweak just to say the least!

Name: CardSwitcher
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.9.9-65
    Requirements: iOS 4+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: iKy1e
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Sources: iKy1e
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-20-2012 at 08:26 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (05-06-2012)

How is this different or better than Multifl0w? multifl0w - an iPhone multitasking interface

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    How is this different or better than Multifl0w? multifl0w - an iPhone multitasking interface
    Wondering the same thing.

to tell you the truth.. except from the live view thing,they area really identical...same tweak different developer

better than multiflow esp with vwallpaper installed, multiflow shows black background even with wallpaper selected while cardswitcher shows wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by anime007 View Post
    better than multiflow esp with vwallpaper installed, multiflow shows black background even with wallpaper selected while cardswitcher shows wallpaper
    Is it really that big a deal to have a wallpaper in your switcher?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Does live view then actually keep apps running like backgrounder does, or only one app (most recently used)?

And is Backgrounder Beta stable? Been asking this question for weeks without any reply unfortunately.

I'd like to be able to download through ProTube or other downloading apps while using other apps.

If CardSwitcher 2.0 can do this, I'm sold! Else, is Backgrounder Beta stable and compatible with CardSwitcher? Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by iMack007; 03-21-2012 at 04:09 AM.

you mean apart from the fact that it's compatible with iOS5?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm just wondering when this was released because I def have the bigboss repo and there is NO card switcher 2.0. It's still version 1.99.65 or whatever. Has this not yet been released in Cydia?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    you mean apart from the fact that it's compatible with iOS5?
    I'm pretty sure multifl0w is iOS 5 compatible. On the download page in Cydia it states they fixed a "black screen" error on iOS 5. My guess is they wouldn't have posted that if it wasn't iOS 5 ready. But the actual changelog doesn't confirm it.
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 03-21-2012 at 05:36 AM.

I'm using multifl0w on a 4S, iOS5, not a single problem

But I already own Multiflow.... so I guess I will stick with it. I have to say it is the mod I used the most.

Quote Originally Posted by iMack007 View Post
    Does live view then actually keep apps running like backgrounder does, or only one app (most recently used)?

And is Backgrounder Beta stable? Been asking this question for weeks without any reply unfortunately.

I'd like to be able to download through ProTube or other downloading apps while using other apps.

If CardSwitcher 2.0 can do this, I'm sold! Else, is Backgrounder Beta stable and compatible with CardSwitcher? Any help appreciated.
    CardSwitcher is just a UI it leaves the choice of multitasking to the user. Backgrounder has been updated to iOS 5 (there are only a few minor issues).
    CardSwitcher shows a live view of an application which is running. Once iOS has suspended the app then it isn't displaying anything so CardSwitcher shows an image of just before it was suspended.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Freerunnering For This Useful Post:

iMack007 (03-21-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I'm just wondering when this was released because I def have the bigboss repo and there is NO card switcher 2.0. It's still version 1.99.65 or whatever. Has this not yet been released in Cydia?.
    From the article

Just released is version 1.9.9-65 (dubbed 2.0) with a major overhaul and in fact, not even one line of identical code to the previous version as it has been rewritten completely from scratch
    I'm pretty sure multifl0w is iOS 5 compatible. On the download page in Cydia it states they fixed a "black screen" error on iOS 5. My guess is they wouldn't have posted that if it wasn't iOS 5 ready. But the actual changelog doesn't confirm it.
    They really should update their website multifl0w - an iPhone multitasking interface and the description in cydia which mentions iOS 4 but not until you get to the changelog - as others have confirmed it does work with iOS5 so the main difference between the apps appears to be the price...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I'm just wondering when this was released because I def have the bigboss repo and there is NO card switcher 2.0. It's still version 1.99.65 or whatever. Has this not yet been released in Cydia?

Your assumption is correct. Multifl0w works fine with no poroblmems on my 4S

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    Your assumption is correct. Multifl0w works fine with no poroblmems on my 4S
    Well good I'm glad I finally assumed something right lol. I wish Zephyr would now be updated to have the ability to just close an app via a swipe, but when you choose it, it also causes the switcher to open which in turn conflicts with cardswitcher. In your opinion do you think Multiflow is better than The new updated card switcher?

Why does it show terrn comments at the top but only one shows...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

.yeah i like multiflow... Only thing would be letting it hook the apps with zypher or even multitouch gestures n iPad. I hate HAVING to use the home button to be able to use multiflow when icon close apps and switch apps with a number of other options.

Now if it could actually support vwallpaper overlay it would be totally SICK! Lets hope it happens, eventually. Sayin...

This app works Great! Runs smooth and looks good! As soon as I installed this, I removed MultiFlow and Backgrounder because it's much more user-friendly and seems to do the job of both apps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    I'm using multifl0w on a 4S, iOS5, not a single problem
    Same here
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast