+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CardSwitcher 2.0 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by PoEtikly Well good I'm glad I finally assumed something right lol. I wish Zephyr would now be updated to have the ability to just close an app
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Well good I'm glad I finally assumed something right lol. I wish Zephyr would now be updated to have the ability to just close an app via a swipe, but when you choose it, it also causes the switcher to open which in turn conflicts with cardswitcher. In your opinion do you think Multiflow is better than The new updated card switcher?
    Check your settings - you can choose just to close an app with Zephyr. But I love the multitasking shortcut it provides.. I don't think I can give it up for this or multifl0w

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatmono View Post
    Check your settings - you can choose just to close an app with Zephyr. But I love the multitasking shortcut it provides.. I don't think I can give it up for this or multifl0w
    Zephyr and CardSwitcher don't conflict, CardSwitcher is a replacement interface. The multitasking bar is still there as well.
    I have Zephyr installed on my development device and have never had a problem with them interfering with each other.
    So you could have Zephyr installed to close apps and switch back to the last app you just came from but then also use CardSwitcher as the multitasking UI it was designed to be.
    Last edited by Freerunnering; 03-22-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freerunnering View Post
    Zephyr and CardSwitcher don't conflict, CardSwitcher is a replacement interface. The multitasking bar is still there as well.
    I have Zephyr installed on my development device and have never had a problem with them interfering with each other.
    So you could have Zephyr installed to close apps and switcher back to the last app you just came from but then also use CardSwitcher as the multitasking UI it was designed to be.
    The conflict I meant is that I want it to actually replace my multitasking bar and open it with the Zephyr gesture. I will probably try out the tweak anyway - any reports on ram/battery?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatmono View Post
    The conflict I meant is that I want it to actually replace my multitasking bar and open it with the Zephyr gesture. I will probably try out the tweak anyway - any reports on ram/battery?
    The ram & battery usage are unchanged. It is just a UI, it leaves the choice of multitasking up to you. So you can use Backgrounder which keeps them all running at once, and so displaying a live feed CardSwitcher can show.
    Or, as most people do, you can just keep the standard iOS multitasking which suspends the apps in the background. (meaning they aren't displaying a live feed anymore, instead CardSwitcher will show an image of just before they were frozen by iOS).

Either way CardSwitcher has no effect on the battery, one of 2.0's main goals was to deduce ram usage, and be much smoother and faster then the last one.
    Last edited by Freerunnering; 03-22-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sasukekun77 View Post
    Is it really that big a deal to have a wallpaper in your switcher?
    I have a very nice interface ive developed using many tweaks and a my own very custom theme and its a serious flaw to me to not have the bg or ability to choose a bg in any area of the phone.

2.0 is great but i still must rely in my stock switcher to insure that all of my apps get closed
    Last edited by Eclipse538; 12-16-2013 at 01:22 AM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12