+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] DockHide - Hide Your iOS Dock On Demand

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] DockHide - Hide Your iOS Dock On Demand

Have you ever wanted to hide your dock on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch just like you can on your Mac? A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed DockHide by iOS developer Pathkiller29 will let you hide the dock and all of the applications on it very quickly and easily. As shown by the screenshots above, you can tell there are some different options to toy around with and those options are shown below:

The options can be configured from a new preferences pane that appears in the Settings application after DockHide is installed. Very simply put, you can pick an Activator action to invoke hiding or showing the dock. Whatís more is you have the option to expand your home screenís application icons so they fill the screen when the dock is hidden, or to just keep the original location of the applicationís icons when the dock is hidden. As soon as you show the dock again, if you have the icons set to fill the screen, they will move back into their original place.

The tweak does a good job with animations and responsiveness to the user, keeping things quick and fluid. Additionally, when you hide the dock, the page dots will move down to the bottom of the screen to help fill the void created by hiding the dock. The setting making the icons spread out when the dock is hidden is also very nice, helping to keep an even look throughout.

While DockHide does look good, it may only be useful for a limited number of jailbreakers. Not everyone has the ambition to hide and show his or her dock manually. However, the tweak makes it possible to help hide applications from the home screen if you so need to for the sake of hiding certain applications from your kids so they do not tamper with them, or simply because you like to keep things secretive. It is free, so give it a try.

Name: DockHide
    Price: FREE
    Version: .9
    Requirements: iOS 4+
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Pathkiller29
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Pathkiller29

Thanks

Cydia sure is filling up with weird tweaks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Cydia sure is filling up with weird tweaks.
    Sure is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

x2

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

I can already hide my dock by using iBlank to create 5 blank apps that I place in front of the real apps...so there you go!
    Cost: FREE