Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
03-15-2012, 03:10 PM #1
WeeSearchPro 1.2.1 Brings In-Depth Settings and Customization
WeeSearchPro for Notification Center is a jailbreak widget for iOS 5 by iOS developer Jonas Gessner allowing you to quickly query something directly from a search bar in Notification Center. The query source is customizable, allowing you to pick between search engines. Available now is version 1.2.1, which brings us a whole truck load of new features we didn't have before including:
- New Settings application preferences pane
- Support for new languages: Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew
- Less memory usage to help keep your device running optimally
- An even slimmer slim mode for low profile appearance
- Updated icons
- The ability to manually select a color for the search engine bar
- Ability to use a call-out picker to increase search engine flexibility without sacrificing appearance
- The ability to customize the call-out picker button appearance
- The ability to edit and add your own search engines to the list
- Any queries left in the search box will now be cleared when Notification Center is dismissed
- Problem causing the keyboard to overlap Notification Center content fixed
- Problem with YouTube fixed
- Support for the iPad has been added
- New mini-browser animations added; faster loading than Safari
- Copy and paste added to the keyboard from Notification Center
- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements
From the settings application, you'll now find a preferences pane for WeeSearchPro where you can customize your individual settings for WeeSearchPro including the slim feature, the search engines you want to use, the color of the buttons, and some miscellaneous functional settings including the ability to enable the mini browser:
The color picker is nice and flexible, looking like something right out of Photoshop. It offers more options than a color list or RGB sliders would and helps give you a better visual appearance of what color you are picking unlike RGB sliders would. It includes a button to resetting to the default color, a cancel button for discarding your color changes, and lastly a save button for saving and applying your color changes:
The new search engine picker gives you the flexibility to go through and pick the search engines you want to use. The list already comes packed with some of the most popular; Google, YouTube, and Bing, however if you find that a search engine you like to use isn’t available in the list, you can add it yourself by using the ‘+’ button at the top right and inputting the information the prompt asks you to enter. From this menu you can also control how many buttons appear on your widget because a new button appears for each search engine you have activated:
The other new and useful feature is the call-out view, which allows you have multiple search engines enabled without having all of the buttons compressed into a small space. Instead, you can page through your search engines to search queries from them. This view helps make the interface less cluttered and keeps text from the buttons from bleeding over other buttons:
All of these new features spell out great support for WeeSearchPro owners. The current owners of WeeSearchPro can download the update for free, although if you do not already own it, it will set you back $1.49 to reserve your copy from Cydia’s BigBoss repository. WeeSearchPro plays nicely with all other widgets and doesn’t get in the way of any known tweaks.
Name: WeeSearchPro for Notification Center
Requirements: iOS 5
Developer: Jonas Gessner
Editor's Rating: 4/5
Sources: Jonas Gessner
03-15-2012, 06:09 PM #2
Pretty cool app if I do say so myself.
Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha
03-15-2012, 08:20 PM #3
This looks like something I would love to have. It's only too bad that I'm afraid to add tweeks to my phone now that Apple just dropped the new firmware so I cannot restore to 5.0.1 if there's a dire problem.
03-16-2012, 12:00 AM #4
03-16-2012, 11:21 AM #5
Installed the tweak on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1. Once the tweak is installed and my phone resprings I try to launch my notification center and my phone crashes and boots into safe mode. I sent my report to the developer to see if he might have a solution. Just an FYI.
03-16-2012, 11:57 AM #6
03-16-2012, 01:40 PM #7