+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Hud - Heads Up Display for Music Changes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Do you use your iDevice to listen to a lot of music? If you do, then you probably enjoy tweaks for making listening to music more enjoyable. One such tweak
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Hud - Heads Up Display for Music Changes

Do you use your iDevice to listen to a lot of music? If you do, then you probably enjoy tweaks for making listening to music more enjoyable. One such tweak is a new free one dubbed Hud by iOS developer iStopped. It puts a heads up display into view whenever your music changes from one song to another and the heads up display includes the name of the song, album artwork for the song, and your current volume level.

As you’ll probably notice right off the bat, the heads up display looks just like iOS’s volume heads up display. The recycled use of this existing appearance makes it look like it fits into iOS. Hud works when the iDevice is both locked and unlocked to help notify you of song changes. In a way, it competes directly with Ryan Petrich’s free MusicBanners tweak because it does the same thing. The difference in appearance and more abundant information including album artwork and volume level might just be enough to sell you on using Hud instead of MusicBanners.

Another great part about Hud is that it doesn’t only work in Apple’s stock Music application, but it also works with other great music applications like Spotify and Pandora, which gives you a wide variety of uses for it. Hud doesn't have any options to configure from the Settings application, nor does it add any icons to the home screen. In this case, it also means you can't enable and disable the tweak without uninstalling it.

If you don’t use your iDevice to listen to a whole lot of music, then you probably won’t find Hud useful because it’s aimed at an audience that actually listens to music. Between nice appearance and the overall satisfaction of using Hud, I’d say it’s a pretty good investment for being free!

Name: Hud
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: iStopped
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: iStopped

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Good tweak. I paid for a tweak just like this on iOS 4.

Thanks

It also appears while watching videos

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

nowlistening accompanied by ncquickdismiss are what I use and it's great

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In the screenshot of HUD in Cydia, i recognize a Status Image of a Head with a Cap, can anyone tell me where i can get that, or preferably its name?

Thanks
    Nice Tweak for sure. Im still looking for a tweak that will let me change the EQ settings without having to go into settings>Music>EQ.... Anyone know of anything like that? Thanks!

Thanks

Don't like the way it comes up every time u fast forward a video fro
    The web! Other than that it is nice

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Would be awesome to incorporate some < [] > buttons so I can skip the song if I didn't like it.