+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] iReminder - Reminders On Your Lock Screen

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] iReminder - Reminders On Your Lock Screen

Do you forget things easily? Is it too much hassle to open up the Notes or Reminders application to remind yourself of things? A new jailbreak tweak dubbed iReminder by iOS developer greensnow will let you place any reminders of your choice on the lock screen. These reminders are fully customizable in appearance and can be changed or removed at any time.

iReminder lets you add up to fifteen different reminders to your lock screen at once. From the preferences pane, which appears in your Settings application after you install iReminder from Cydia, you can set the text size, color, and font. The list of fonts includes 184 different kinds and there are thirteen different colors. The text size is changed with a slider. If you’re using an iPhone or iPod touch, you will need to turn on the 'iPhone Version' switch. The settings are shown below:

If you end up having all fifteen reminder slots filled with text, they won’t all appear on the lock screen’s empty space because there isn’t enough room. Instead, a scroll bar will indicate to you that you can scroll up and down through your reminders.

iReminder does have some caveats, for example, you won’t be able to use iOS 5’s slide to reply features for text messages and other application notifications by sliding the small application icon in the pop-up because iReminder lays a transparent mask over the lock screen, which makes sliding the notification slider impossible. Additionally, the text appearing on your lock screen does not exactly look as good as something Apple would create for us.

In terms of cosmetic appearance, iReminder might look better as an iOS-style notification bubble instead of just free-floating text on the lock screen. In terms of functionality, it offers great personalization, which anyone with a taste for making their iDevice stand out among others will love. You will never forget anything with text standing out as much as it does in iReminder - just make sure you're looking at your lock screen often!

Name: iReminder
    Price: $1
    Version: 1.1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: greensnow
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Sources: greensnow

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

What??? Siri reminds you

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that I'd be able to see any reminders with my background !!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Greensnow's Reply
    hey guys! it greensnow the developer of iReminder. i have taken into conderation all of these things and all have been fixed like:
    Notification issue
    crash after call
    aleart issue
    media contoller issue
    media control timer issue
    show reminder can be view when media controls are showing.
    password lock issue
    better stablity

also has intergation with notes.app so you can have inlimted space of reminders on your lockscreen, now allows you to edit them directly from lockscreen and automaticly saves it for you. what else is new i hide when charging and some other cool new features!

This update has been send to modmyi and hopefully will be out asap.
    (this fixes all of the problems including all of the "down" bits in this review.) enjoy guys!

Thanks

This is a bit off topic, but you have the same wallpaper as me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys

I have a big issue after enabling the ireminder
    I have a pass code on my iPhone 4s and I can't unlock it
    Coz I can't press the numbers from 1-6
    Ur advice pls ASAP is there any way to deactivate the ireminder manually
    Thank u guys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

had the same problem on my 4S aswell, but i used SBSettings to set my device to restart in safe mode, then went to cydia to remove the package. Love the package, but i can't really use it if i can't have a passcode on my phone.

JnT
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holden_ View Post
    had the same problem on my 4S aswell, but i used SBSettings to set my device to restart in safe mode, then went to cydia to remove the package. Love the package, but i can't really use it if i can't have a passcode on my phone.
    How do you use that from the PC if you haven't already installed it onto your iPhone? Mine's locked out as well, with no way to get into the phone, and now with iOS 5.1 out I don't want to restore and lose my jailbreak!

Any way to force it into safe mode, or reset it to factory defaults without using itunes so that way I can restore from my icloud backup without having to use iOS 5.1 is all I'm looking for here. Really pathetic that the passcode not working was overlooked. Phone is worthless without it, and I'm too impatient to be back in the walled garden until another jailbreak comes out for 5.1!!
    Last edited by JnT; 03-11-2012 at 05:29 PM.

JnT
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default restored
    Quote Originally Posted by greensnow View Post
    hey guys! it greensnow the developer of iReminder. i have taken into conderation all of these things and all have been fixed like:
    Notification issue
    crash after call
    aleart issue
    media contoller issue
    media control timer issue
    show reminder can be view when media controls are showing.
    password lock issue
    better stablity

also has intergation with notes.app so you can have inlimted space of reminders on your lockscreen, now allows you to edit them directly from lockscreen and automaticly saves it for you. what else is new i hide when charging and some other cool new features!

This update has been send to modmyi and hopefully will be out asap.
    (this fixes all of the problems including all of the "down" bits in this review.) enjoy guys!
    I had to restore my entire phone, and lose my jailbreak since it had to be updated to iOS 5.1! I paid for and installed the package after you posted this, but obviously ModMyi hadn't approved the updated package yet. I may try this again, but I need to know that the updates have been approved before doing it again! THANKS!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JnT View Post
    I had to restore my entire phone, and lose my jailbreak since it had to be updated to iOS 5.1! I paid for and installed the package after you posted this, but obviously ModMyi hadn't approved the updated package yet. I may try this again, but I need to know that the updates have been approved before doing it again! THANKS!!!
    I'm wondering if you could've used SSH to find and delete the app. Then reboot and see if it is all better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abulara View Post
    Hey guys

I have a big issue after enabling the ireminder
    I have a pass code on my iPhone 4s and I can't unlock it
    Coz I can't press the numbers from 1-6
    Ur advice pls ASAP is there any way to deactivate the ireminder manually
    Thank u guys
    You can fix it with iPhone browser can't remember what file but you need to just remove ireminder.plist and such . Since it blocks wifi you can't ssh into iPhone .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JnT View Post
    How do you use that from the PC if you haven't already installed it onto your iPhone? Mine's locked out as well, with no way to get into the phone, and now with iOS 5.1 out I don't want to restore and lose my jailbreak!

Any way to force it into safe mode, or reset it to factory defaults without using itunes so that way I can restore from my icloud backup without having to use iOS 5.1 is all I'm looking for here. Really pathetic that the passcode not working was overlooked. Phone is worthless without it, and I'm too impatient to be back in the walled garden until another jailbreak comes out for 5.1!!
    I did not use anything on my PC. I was also locked out of my phone, but i have SBSettings installed, so i swiped it on at the lockscreen, clicked on the little power icon, and choose "Safe Mode" - Safemode worked, and then i went into Cydia to remove the package, and i was ready to go again. :-)

EDIT: Why not fix such a critical error right away? Before more people are going to need to restore their iphones

- Hope it helps
    Last edited by holden_; 03-12-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You don't need to restore the phone. I had the same problem cause I use Andriod lock XT instead of a passcode (The only thing I really like about Andriod is that pattern unlock).
    All you have to do is either SSH or hook it up to the computer with iPhonebrowser or one of those programs which gives access to the file system and delete the program, reboot and your fine.

Thanks

Those are all good remedies! Anybody know 'where' the App and/or .plist is located so it can be deleted if need be?

I don't have it installed on my phone so I don't have a clue as to it's location

Thanks

How early do you get up at?? WTF??

Thanks

D'oh! Me too! I installed it, couldn't get back into my locked iphone. Powered down, and when it rebooted Springboard immediately crashed, and I can't get back into my phone! I tried SSHing into it, but no joy - after about 3 hours I gave up and tried to restore to 5.0.1, but Apple had stopped signing it, so was forced to Restore to 5.1. Thanks a lot iReminder! Needless to say when I get round to JBing 5.1, I won't be reinstalling iReminder!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by namwollem View Post
    D'oh! Me too! I installed it, couldn't get back into my locked iphone. Powered down, and when it rebooted Springboard immediately crashed, and I can't get back into my phone! I tried SSHing into it, but no joy - after about 3 hours I gave up and tried to restore to 5.0.1, but Apple had stopped signing it, so was forced to Restore to 5.1. Thanks a lot iReminder! Needless to say when I get round to JBing 5.1, I won't be reinstalling iReminder!
    I haven't been following this topic recently, but can you downgrade back to iOS 5.0.1???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I haven't been following this topic recently, but can you downgrade back to iOS 5.0.1???
    I had my .SHSH blobs backed up nicely on one of my NAS drives, so I could have "rolled back" to 5.0.1 - however, the HDD in my NAS died aswell yesterday - I'm not having a good run of luck! I've tried restoring to a custom IPSW (from Sn0wbreeze) but I kept getting "failure to sign" error codes out of iTunes, or when I had the gs.apple.com pointing to Saurik - it still wouldn't update. In the end I lost my patience and just restored "normally" thru iTunes - hence I now have 5.1 - oh joy!

I'm probably gonna try the Tethered JB option today - but one thing I have noticed is a bug in 5.1 - the Weather icon has a badge displaying a temperature - unfortunately it isn't the correct temperature, and it doesn't change - stuck at 7 degrees. I may have to do another restore first to see if that bug disappears, before I JB!

Thanks

Regarding restore:

So you had ur SHSH blobs saved; did they show up Cydia? Also, pointing to Sauriks server usually doesn't work anymore. You might have to turn that off and then manually remove his address from your Host file. Then try the downgrade...

Thanks

....and I assume you're running the TSS Server while trying to downgrade.