+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] NoNoNotifications - Remove 'No New Notifications' From Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] NoNoNotifications - Remove 'No New Notifications' From Notification Center

From within iOS 5’s Notification Center, we will find white text in the center of the canvas that reads, “No New Notifications” whenever we simply don’t have any notifications from iOS. When we actually have a notification there, the text will disappear and Notification Center will display the notification(s) that you have instead of the white text. As soon as your remove the notification from Notification Center, that white text will come back.

The “No New Notifications” text is downright annoying – it doesn’t fit in. Many of us hate it; some of us never even notice it. Some applications like IntelliScreenX will make the text disappear, but they come at a price. If you have ever wanted to make that white text disappear without emptying your pockets into Cydia, then a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed NoNoNotifications by iOS developer Nick Frey is just what you have been looking for.

NoNoNotifications is useful if you have Bulletin installed on your iDevice, because Bulletin puts Notification Center on your lock screen, but doesn’t hide that text and it looks downright awful. Even when opening Notification Center normally, it looks much cleaner and neater without the white text in the middle distracting your view of iOS 5’s beauty. If you like being shown that you have no notifications even though it's blatantly obvious you don't when you don't see any notifications, then this tweak is not for you.

NoNoNotifications requires iOS 5 to install and does not have any options to configure from the Settings application. To get your white "No New Notifications" text back in Notification Center, simply uninstall the tweak. Since it's free, give it a try and see if it fits your tastes.

Name: NoNoNotifications
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Nick Frey
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: Nick Frey

Thanks

I use Custom NNL, also free from Cydia, but it also lets you put a custom line instead of just being blank.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

How do we do this mod manually? Ie, what ststem file do we mod?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    How do we do this mod manually? Ie, what ststem file do we mod?
    It looks like /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/BulletinBoard.strings

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

A theme called "No New Notifications" has already done this since October 2011.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    It looks like /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/BulletinBoard.strings
    nice! thanx!
    I try and use as few Cydia installs as I possibly can - starting with WinterBoard

Thanks

Pointless mod.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Atheist View Post
    Pointless mod.
    Not to me. It cleans it up and it no longer tells me false information. It says No New Notifications yet I have new notifications.

But I have actually had this mod for months.