Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Unleashes iOS 5.1

I get an error when upgrading on iPhone 4s jailbroken 5.0.1.. Does anyone know why?
    Last edited by Mc-Lovin_341; 03-07-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    I get an error when downloading.. Does anyone know why?

I get an error when upgrading on iPhone 4s jailbroken 5.0.1.. Does anyone know why?
    Don't use OTA updates on jailbroken devices (or ever for that matter) -- they're buggy and prone to multifarious errors.

Restore a clean copy of iOS 5.1 through iTunes for best results... and keep in mind you'll lose your jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

--
    PSA REGARDING FIRMWARE RESTORES:

If you own an iPhone 4S, after Apple stops signing 5.0.1, you cannot restore your iPhone to iOS 5.0.1, even if you have an APTicket and SHSH blobs. Your only option will be 5.1. Period.

Love, the Orby.
    Are you absolutely sure of this? Why won't we be able to restore even if we have saved our SHSH blobs? Some new kind of protection from Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Don't use OTA updates on jailbroken devices (or ever for that matter) -- they're buggy and prone to multifarious errors.

Restore a clean copy of iOS 5.1 through iTunes for best results... and keep in mind you'll lose your jailbreak.
    I'm trying with my iPad 2 and I get an error that my iPad 2 isn't eligible. This is on iTunes mind you even with trying to restore.

Thank you, I'm prepared to loose jailbreak for an improved battery, currently only lasts me 6 hours which for a phone worth 500 is awful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacf182 View Post
    Are you absolutely sure of this? Why won't we be able to restore even if we have saved our SHSH blobs? Some new kind of protection from Apple?
    Absolutely. The snag is a randomly generated number (i.e., a nonce) that is used in the process to sign each individual APTicket with Apple. On an iPhone 4S, we have no way currently to alter that random number to something we can choose (due to a lack of bootrom exploit or other loophole). Therefore, the number that the phone generates will almost assuredly be different from the one we have saved from a previous restore, and thus the phone will disallow the restore.

I haven't yet tried it on my iPad 2, will be waiting till jailbreak release is out before I update, I enjoy Cydia tweaks too much.

ahh.. no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockjohn View Post
    Does anyone have the 4g icon and is it really 4g
    Yes, I now have the 4G icon instead of the 3G. My connection does seem to be slightly faster as well. But I won't really know until I field test it tomorrow at work.

They fix the Music app bugging out so much yet?

I think it might be too early to know about the battery issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    OTA blocks jailbroken devices what you have to do is use itunes and restore to remove jailbreak and OTA or just use itunes and install 5.1 directly

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    Where do we stand on this currently... anyone know?
    +100 anyone got any inside info?

Is Apple still signing 5.0.1 or has that stopped? I have work with a friends iPad 2 in a few hours and want to be able to back up the SHSH Blobs from 5.0.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    Where do we stand on this currently... anyone know?
    Really? 5.1 was just released. Who knows how different it is from the beta (I haven't even heard anything about the a jb being worked on during the beta). I can guarantee that as soon as one of the devs posts a tweet or some other type of update there will be articles all over about it. Give them some time. The most recent jb should have given insight to everybody on how difficult it is to find an exploit for 5.X.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Weird, GarageBand updated without me having to upgrade to 5.1

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Weird, GarageBand updated without me having to upgrade to 5.1
    So you didn't have to update via apple store? Or do you not know you don't need 5.1 to update to igarageband.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveHavok View Post
    Is Apple still signing 5.0.1 or has that stopped? I have work with a friends iPad 2 in a few hours and want to be able to back up the SHSH Blobs from 5.0.1
    Is 5.0.1 still being signed??? Someone answer this man! we're on a time limit

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Wtf features are you using? iPhone 4? 4s? I have the 4s 5.0.1 and with everything turned on I can go from 100% to 0% in 3 hours
    Wth do you use on your 4s? I pull mine of the charger at 7:00am. I do an hour of infinity blade 5 hrs browsing web and idr what else but by 10pm I have ~10-20%

i wonder if this fixes the TERRIBLE download speed for the Sprint 4S

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast