+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Meet "The new iPad", Details Inside

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New iPad is Here, Details Inside

Rumors be gone, the new iPad is here. Albeit, without an official name yet. Seriously, it's called "The new iPad." *facepalm* It appears Apple is dropping the numerical naming system from the iPad line and will adopt an iMac and MacBook like naming system with each subsequent release simply going by "iPad." All of that naming hoopla has been cleared up. Which is still incredibly confusing, because Apple is still selling the iPad 2, which when positioned right next to the new "iPad" looks like the superior device to the average person.
    Display

The device features the rumored Retina Display with 264 pixels per inch for a total resolution of 2048 x 1536. Pixels become indistinguishable when held 15 inches from the user. Apple expected users to hold the was expected to be held at 10 inches from the user.

Processor and Camera

All of this is powered by an A5X dual-core cpu and quad-core graphics processor. According to Apple the A5X is four times faster than the Tegra 3. The new iPad also sports an improved iSight camera, with a 5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor for the rear camera, with a 5-element lens, hybrid IR filter, auto-exposure, and auto-focus and Apple designed ISP. So, it’s essentially the same setup as the iPhone 4S minus the 8 megapixel rear camera. The camera has 1080p video recording as well, with video stabilization, and temporal noise reduction.

Limited Siri Functionality

The new iPad is Siri capable as well, kind of. It is only capable of voice dictation and comes with support for US English, British, Australian, French, German and Japanese. Expect the jailbreak community to change this in the coming weeks and months.

4G LTE Capable

But, the big announcement, it has 4G LTE capability. Performance is amazing with 21Mbps HSPA+, DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, and LTE rounding out the top with speeds of 73Mbps. Whether or not you get these speeds in the real world depends on your location and the crapiness of your network. The device is 3G world ready and Tim Stevens is claiming that the device has “the most bands ever.”

Battery Life

The iPad will sport 10 hours of battery life on 3G and 9 hours on 4G (so much for a big dip there). With all that new tech crammed inside the new iPad is 9.4mm thin, and 1.4lbs. Slightly heavier, but barely noticeable.

Price and Avalability

The new iPad will maintain the same price points for the current Wi-Fi models and the 3G/4G capable models will adopt the tradition 3G pricing of before. Apple is launching the device simultaneously in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, and Japan on March 16th.

Apple and company showed off an incredible amount of games, inviting Epic Studios on stage, amongst others, to show off the increased graphics power of the new iPad.Apple’s Tim Stevens claims the new iPad has more screen resolution and memory than both the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. Guess the PSP Vita just got served.
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 03-07-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

This iPad is freaking awesome! Some great updates here, especially the 4G LTE! Now we know the next iPhone will have it for sure!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Sooo... any word if it still has a terrible front facing camera?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Happy they stuck with the same pricing structure. Will be getting a 64GB wifi.

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    This iPad is freaking awesome! Some great updates here, especially the 4G LTE! Now we know the next iPhone will have it for sure!
    Yeah i was thinking the same thing when they announced 4g. About time
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any news on 5.1 ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

guess I need to take my iPad 2 back to Tescos for a refund (within 6month) & get the new one, since I only bought the iPad 2 less than a month ago

What's Jailbreak? dennisdionisio's Avatar
    Thanks

cool new features. but the name could have been better.

Thanks

I would have thought 'The New iPad would have featured SIRI and not just voice dictation.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Sooo... any word if it still has a terrible front facing camera?
    Okay why would that be terrible?

So the next iPad will be called "The Amazing iPad" and the next one will be "The iPad that Transforms Reality"

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

preorders today??... what time...lol??

Thanks

Siri???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was hoping till the last moment for it to be named to something other than 'the new iPad'.
    How would it be going to the store and asking for a new iPad?
    "Excuse me, I am here for a new iPad."

Looks quite a deal to me especially with the price being the same. Would love to go for a 64gb LTE.
    The front facing camera sadly seems to be the same as that on the iPad 2 though!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

At $499 I'll take one. This is the first tablet computer I'm excited about.

"The New iPad" name is sooo lame. Is it the last new iPad, ever? What do you ask for next year when a new New iPad comes out? The heck were they thinking?

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

This seems weird to me. It can't be "the NEW iPad" forever, and if you're comparing it to the iPad 2 using just the name "iPad", it will make it sound like the iPad 2's predecessor. This would work if they just called them all iPad and used generations like they do with the iPods, but they already went and screwed that up by releasing iPad 2. No like.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    New iPad what a cop out by apple I know we put a new screen on it, 5mp camera *and a new prosesser and call it the NEW IPAD what sort ov crack is that bunch ov money grabbing pricks* what about a better battery and full Siri, making it lighter then I might buy a new one but I think I will pas thanks for nothing
    Last edited by smudge9123; 03-07-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How dissapointing. I was hoping for something more substantial. Granted, the 4G is nice for those who use it, but otherwise, I basically say "big deal".

Green Apple
    Thanks

Worst name ever

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This thing has all the awesome features it was rumored to have and people are hung up by the name? I wouldn't care if this thing was called the iPad crapstain edition, it doesn't take away from what it is. I am sure the next one won;t also be called "the new iPad". Relax people. Buy something for what it is, not for what the company decided to name it...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Some of you dopes crack me up. No matter what the upgrade, you are never happy.

People have been crying for retina display since the iPhone 4 came out and now its out and you still complain.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast