Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Meet "The new iPad", Details Inside

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Pretty much guarentees the next iPhone will be LTE

Quote Originally Posted by dman918 View Post
    I'll somewhat retract my comment. I missed the retna display for whatever reason. I've found the current ipad screen beautiful so I'd have to see how much better this new screen actually is. At any rate, some improvements. I was just hoping for some kind of real advancement. Some feature that revolutionizes the tablet industry. I've come to have high expectations for Apple, especially when these tablets are priced at $500+.
    Well dang, a 2048 x 1536 screen with a quad core GPU and 2 1080p camera isn't revolutionary for you? What else do you want it do?....maybe cook you dinner?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattdonut View Post
    any news on 5.1 ?
    iOS 5.1 is available for download......wait for it people updating their jailbroken 5.0.1 devices and crying about not being able to jailbreak. DONT UPDATE if you care about JB nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Sooo... any word if it still has a terrible front facing camera?
    Same

The new iPad vs. iPad 2: what's changed? -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    This iPad is freaking awesome! Some great updates here, especially the 4G LTE! Now we know the next iPhone will have it for sure!
    No we don't. A GSM phone has to have two active radios because there is no consumer LTE network yet carrying voice calls. That means that, even if there is an integrated 3G/4G LTE chip, it will have to have two radios on at all times to use LTE. Because the iPad is not a phone, it doesn;t need to keep the GSM radio active for voice.

Also, CDMA networks boasted LTE need to have a second radio at all times for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Pretty much guarentees the next iPhone will be LTE
    How so?

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

People do realise that normal encodes which we used to do for iPad 2/iPhones would look absolutely terrible on the new iPad
    Even a 720p encode wont look that good ..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    How so?
    What's new in iPad gets put into iPhone and vice versa.

So it's a big iphone 4s without the 8 mega pixel camera and 4G (which isn't available in the UK).

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Pre-ordering now! Site is bogged down, I dont think i am the only one....lol

New iPad, same website BS issues when trying to preorder.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

No response from website or apple store app when trying to preorder! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Are they shipping out the preorders? Or do we have to pick up in the store again? I hate wasting my time so Apple gets there free publicity.

What will current "HD" apps for iPad 2 look like on the new iPad display? Will they be craptastic?

Limited Siri Functionality..... That is Not Siri... you can get any app to dictate notes...
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

smh... they could've updated the front camera. I use this thing for Facetime and Skype everyday. That was one update I was looking forward to that didn't happen. (that, and apparently no 1GB RAM)
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the fat iPad 1 with unlimited data plan, will the unlimited data plan be transferable to the new iPad ?

Anyone ?

Thx.

This iPad will run on T-Mobile's 42 Mbps network (21 Mbps where 42 Mbps isn't available) using 1900 MHz (after the refarm) and T-Mobile's 73 Mbps LTE using 1700 MHz (Band IV) network (coming early 2013).

Apple's website lists 700 MHz (Band XVII) and 2100 MHz (Band I) for LTE for the AT&T version. What they fail to list is the use of AT&T's 1700 MHz (Band IV) band for LTE.

I already know what you're saying: Apple can't be wrong! What's on their site is gold!

Well, you can't go along lying to the FCC...

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApp...tml?id=1632806

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...%27BCGA1430%27

Remember, the FCC tests reports are with respect to what bands are used in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnsy78 View Post
    Siri???
    I asked the same question like WTF.

It sorta reminds me of what they did in Spider-man 3 (i.e) naming harry osbourne new Goblin instead of hob-goblin
    Last edited by KiidTee; 03-07-2012 at 03:45 PM.

I finally after 2 hours managed to order two 32Gbs...a lot of clicking back and forth man oh man...
    Next two months should be very fun...pre-ordered HTC One X and a new iPad...

Can't wait to play with both...

Pretty good upgrade of hardware in my opinion. Great display (look at iPhone 4 and 4s), 4G connectivity, basically future proof for a while. I'm definitely considering an upgrade from my iPad original model 64gb 3G. Also great they maintained the price structure. And for those of you hating on apple, why do you even visit an apple orientated forum?

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    I have the fat iPad 1 with unlimited data plan, will the unlimited data plan be transferable to the new iPad ?

Anyone ?

Thx.
    Can't you just swap your sim card?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast