Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Petition Asking AT&T to Change Unlimited Data Throttling Policy Gaining Steam

iPhone? More like MyPhone phoenix81's Avatar
    Thanks

I got throttled last month after using only 1.5 within 14 days of my cycle. So there claim is bull!!

Hopefully they do something about this

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got throttled last month after using only 1.5 within 14 days of my cycle. So there claim is bull!!

Hopefully they do something about this
    They just announce this month that the new cap is at 3GB

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    Tooo bad, i don't have unlimited plan. Or else i would sign the petittion...
    Who cares, sign it anyways...takes 10 seconds.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE PEOPLE ON THIS PAGE STICKING UP FOR AT&T, A BIG CORPORATION RAPING IT'S CUSTOMERS AND STAND BY AND ACT LIKE IT IS OK. WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY??? Sorry for the caps but this angers me.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 03-07-2012 at 08:04 AM.

I've used 6 GB so far in 2 weeks, I have yet to be throttled this month. Last month and the month before I was throttled at about 4 GB.
    The fact remains that I pay for 3G service on my 3G phone, after being throttled I am at edge speeds. If I wanted edge, I would go to Tmobile on my iPhone. I pay a premium price for "premium" service and should be able to use it to its full capabilities.
    What about when the next iPhone comes out for LTE? Are they going to cap that as well? If so I will not be sticking with AT&T because I can go to sprint without being capped.

AT&T revoked my unlimited forced me to diff plan with out my permission with accusations that I was tethering which I'm all honesty I wasn't .. Now on a 4 gig plan that is being throttled at less then 2 gigs .... JUNK !!!!! AT&T BLOWS *** !!

My wife just got a top 5% warning on March 2nd. We have never received a warning before. We looked at her data and she was a 2gigs. How is that top 5%?

Quote Originally Posted by ziim View Post
    My wife just got a top 5% warning on March 2nd. We have never received a warning before. We looked at her data and she was a 2gigs. How is that top 5%?
    It goes off of average data usage in your area.

Wellp, here goes any chance of keeping the grandfathered plan for too much longer...

I'm jus waiting for AT&T to say "screw you guys... We don't offer it anymore. Change to the 3GB plan and pay overages." like Verizon did when they stopped their unlimited plan...

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokieiguess View Post
    I am completely against AT&T throttling data but technically didn't you unlimited data users only sign into a 2 year agreement with them? So if you are no longer under contract aren't they allowed change the terms as they are not legally bound to you and you are not bound to them. If you are unhappy with your data being capped or slowed then head over to Sprint for unlimited data without throttling!
    Because most states require cell phone providers to honor a plan that a customer signs up for, unless the CUSTOMER makes a change to the plan. This means that in those states AT&T is NOT allowed to make a change.

Also, throttling after 3GB does not equal unlimited (as this is defined as without restrictions), yes, you can still use the data, but it is in a limited fashion (with restrictions) and this does not equal unlimited.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope people realize that AT BEST they will be able to just get out of their contract without paying an ETF. If ATT is leveraged enough they will get rid of unlimited alltogether, slap everyone on the $30 for 3GB and give them an option within 30-90 days to get out of their contracts scott free.

Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    Just got my first message. It said I was in the top 5%. I think is was just a friendly reminder reminding me that my two year agreement is up in June(Thanks Apple for making the 4S not as appealing as your other updates). So I think AT$T is doing me a great service by letting me know that it's time to move on and not have to deal with the dropped calls everyday. I have only used their crap service because of the unlimited data. If that's gone, why stay?

And for the guy(Lets call him Mr. Obvious) that works undercover for AT$T who keeps pointing out the TOS agreement. We all know that already. So enough already. It's a forum to speak our minds and vent our frustrations.

EXACTLY! This is why I'm heading out to Verizon next week, I know I'll lose my unlimited data package BUT at least I'll have 4G and BETTER SERVICE. Besides Verizon has double the data packages right now & good deals on other phones, I'm ready to try something different.

Thanks

Yeah I used to work there up till last week and there are so many people getting slammed and they don't even know it

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

With no hesitations I signed it and shared it on my fb page.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Need I remind all AT&T customers: you agreed to this.

Section 6.2 of the Wireless Customer Agreement:

Also it's fun to note AT&T reserves the right to screen and delete anything sent over their network. Section 4.1 of the Wireless Customer Agreement:

Plus I suspect AT&T's staff of very well-paid lawyers will use the same definition of "unlimited" that Cer0 is: "unlimited" meaning internet access without a hard-capped data usage measured in bytes--no warranties were made as to how fast you would be allowed to access that data at any time.

Best of luck to y'all.
    Gee that's pretty smart of you. If that's the case then explain how this other guy got his suit through. Apparently it's doable.

I just lost significant amounts of money by being unable to live-blog the Apple iPad 3 event. I received my first data usage warning last month at around 5,100MB and was instructed to restrain my usage to avoid throttling. I should not have had to, but I did and managed to stay at around 3,000MB before the event. Only days before the event, you updated your policy to throttle me at 3GB instead or whatever "top 5%" metric you were using one month prior. Another 2,000MB of expected usage was suddenly not available to me. I strongly believe it is dishonest to compare an unlimited user's data consumption to "all" smartphone users, when it stands to reason that an unlimited user continued paying more all along because they expected to and *should*. You only raised the tiered data plans to match the amount I paid, eliminating the cost difference, two weeks before I got my first notice (last month). I can now get a Walmart-exclusive T-Mobile data plan with 5GB of HSPA+ data for $30 a month. That includes voice, unlimited text, AND as much data as I expected in this billing cycle before you screwed me. I will be selling my phone and abandoning your service as soon as possible if nothing changes.
    My message is "too short" according to MMi (yes, I know it's because I used quote tags). *roll eyes*

Green Apple
    Thanks

A few weeks ago, I filed a complaint with FCC on 02/28/12.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Well not technically because you can still use as much data as you want; just at a slower pace.
    No you can't... once throttled you can not hardly open a webpage/yahoo... So it is directly related....
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Need I remind all AT&T customers: you agreed to this.

Section 6.2 of the Wireless Customer Agreement:

Also it's fun to note AT&T reserves the right to screen and delete anything sent over their network. Section 4.1 of the Wireless Customer Agreement:

Plus I suspect AT&T's staff of very well-paid lawyers will use the same definition of "unlimited" that Cer0 is: "unlimited" meaning internet access without a hard-capped data usage measured in bytes--no warranties were made as to how fast you would be allowed to access that data at any time.

Best of luck to y'all.
    Most of this doesn't matter. If a contract is too one sided and ESPECIALLY if the side getting screwed is a layman (i.e non-attorney or business/corporation), it is considered a "contract of adhesion." Basically if the contract gives one party no ability to negotiate because of their unequal bargaining position, it is a contract of adhesion and in most states, the contract is then invalid.

Anyone could walk into almost any small claims type trial with their contract in hand and letter from AT&T and win a small claims suit against AT&T if they're data was throttled.

Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    And for the guy(Lets call him Mr. Obvious) that works undercover for AT$T who keeps pointing out the TOS agreement. We all know that already. So enough already. It's a forum to speak our minds and vent our frustrations.

Think your judging books by covers is a little off there. I work in the bank processing industry. (Which is listed in the Meet the Staff threads I think)

Yes it is a forum to express our minds and thoughts. So the same respect should be done for everyone even if they don't agree with your paticular opinion. I had no intended ill tones in what I said at all and I just expressed my opinion on the subject as you did.

Quote Originally Posted by done1234 View Post
    But any way I'm glad you find it amusing that companies can change or word contracts to screw over the customer. Really I believe you are just one to find arguments to fight by surfing comments (CNN comments surfer), why would you try to protect a company that is really not doing it the correct way (if your going to take something away from your customer, give a discount or let users out of the contract for free).
    CNN comment surfer that is a new one; need to take that one down for future. I am not trying to protect any company. I am just saying we all signed and agreed to terms of service. We do it all the time on many different things we do in life. Just a straight question: do you read everything you sign? All contracts you sign have these same in-and-outs in them. This is not a new practice on terms of services.

As sziklassy said in the quote below is most likely what will happen out of this petition and lawsuits. And the one lawsuit that has been won is going to be appealed by ATT as they have came out and said already. Best of luck to those looking with this but most companies are pretty covered when it comes to TOS because it goes through their many lawyers first before they put it out there.

[
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I hope people realize that AT BEST they will be able to just get out of their contract without paying an ETF. If ATT is leveraged enough they will get rid of unlimited alltogether, slap everyone on the $30 for 3GB and give them an option within 30-90 days to get out of their contracts scott free.

Just hit 3gigs. It's going to be running pandora all day an night until the next billing period. As a parent if you tell your child that you are going to give them something because you are expecting a bonus and then you do not receive the bonus. What do you do? Suck it up and deal with it. You give what you promised. That's called being a good person. AT&T employees not so much. All of them. If you associate with communism you are communism.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast