Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Benchmarks Show iOS 5 Beats Android at Rendering HTML5

Thanks

Default Benchmarks Show iOS 5 Beats Android at Rendering HTML5

According to a report from AllThingsD, a cross-platforming gaming SDK, Spaceport.io, tested the speed of HTML5 rendering on iOS and Android – concluding that iOS is the faster platform in this particular case.

Spaceport used their own benchmark, which they call the “PerfMark.” This benchmark counts the number of moving images on a screen at 30 frames per second, a rate that provides a near-native user experience. The demonstration showed that HTML5 games ran significantly faster on iOS 5 when compared to their Android counterparts - more specifically, the iPhone 4S scored 252 PerfMarks and the iPad 2 scored 327 PerfMarks. Some of the Android devices tested such as the Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone scored 147 PerfMarks and the Kindle Fire only scored 25 PerfMarks.

When it comes to the tablet market, the iPad 2 beat every single Android device it was tested against. Spaceport founder Ben Savage said that “HTML5 is getting faster over time, as seen in the latest OS updates across Android and iOS. Although this is a welcome trend, there is still a long way to go.” At this point in time, many companies are jumping the bandwagon and implementing HTML5 where applicable. Game developers are hoping to create games that will run on a variety of platforms allowing them to target a larger market and thus have the potential to increase revenue.

With the iPad 2 already trumping the tablet market, we can speculate that the upcoming next-generation iPad will continue to further the gap.

Source: AllThingsD, VentureBeat

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Android sucks though. Live wallpapers is the only good thing it has.

Why am I not surprised...
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Come on bro Android makes a pretty decent OS. A lot of functionality. No need to bash.
    (null)

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Come on bro Android makes a pretty decent OS. A lot of functionality. No need to bash.
    No, he's right, I used have the Samsung Infuse 4G on Android 2.2 and that thing sucked @$$. Too much lag, froze on me often, and battery life was unbearable. So I returned it and went back to my iPhone 4
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Akshay, you always post the most controversial articles

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

I think saying it sucks is a bit overboard and does nothing but fuel the fire. It's better for some than iOS, so let's all be happy with what we have and move on with our lives.

This benchmarks are incorrect and irrelevant as they tested the Android browser witch is about to be replaced by chrome, they should have tested the chrome beta.

Benchmarks also showed that Android beat iOS at rendering Flash. Catch my drift?

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    Benchmarks also showed that Android beat iOS at rendering Flash. Catch my drift?
    Flash is old news. Html5 is the future. Why work towards something that in 5 years will be obsolete. Apple is investing there technology in much bigger things & I fully believe it will pay off in the near future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Akshay, you always post the most controversial articles

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Did they test the quad core transformer prime? I guess not

these are idevice enthusiast and tweaker forums. Not everything on your preferred platform is going to be better. i'm thinking about half will be worse. please do us all the favor of getting over it.
    My iPhone 4 Mod Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54754025@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Awdad724 View Post
    Flash is old news. Html5 is the future. Why work towards something that in 5 years will be obsolete. Apple is investing there technology in much bigger things & I fully believe it will pay off in the near future.
    Apple just purchased one of the biggest flash companies in the world!!! I don't think it's over yet!!

i have android and ios devices and i can't even stand to use ios anymore, android just feels nicer to use to me

Thanks

apple suck though. Siri is the only good thing it has.

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    This benchmarks are incorrect and irrelevant as they tested the Android browser witch is about to be replaced by chrome, they should have tested the chrome beta.
    That would be "which"...unless we're talking about a newt.
    Last edited by GeoffS4; 03-06-2012 at 10:54 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy363 View Post
    Apple just purchased one of the biggest flash companies in the world!!! I don't think it's over yet!!
    I think you mean flash memory. Not Adobe Flash, the online media platform.

There has to be two operating systems on top. (i.e. Windows Mac OS) one is ultimately going to be better at some things just as one will be more widely used. Competition is good. I for one don't see a problem with either. I use iOS, but would also like the more open Android. I just happen to prefer iOS.
    Last edited by Donnutt; 03-06-2012 at 11:38 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Try Vwallpaper. iOS does a pretty good job!

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy363 View Post
    I think you got it all wrong... Adobe is the only "flash" company, the flash that they in this artical are talking about is like FarmVille games on Facebook... Apple don't need that...

Apple bought a flash storage company which is used in iPads, iPhones, iPods and Some MacBooks and iMacs etc.
    I like apple stuff.
    If you see the username "McMichael96" anywhere, it's probably me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast