+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Plugication - Start Music As Soon As Headphones Are Plugged In

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With iOS, when you are listening to music through your headphones, the music will pause when you unplug the headphones. This is a safety feature to keep your music from
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Plugication - Start Music As Soon As Headphones Are Plugged In

With iOS, when you are listening to music through your headphones, the music will pause when you unplug the headphones. This is a safety feature to keep your music from loudly leaking through your speakers after your headphones are unplugged either on purpose or by mistake. This being the case, have you ever noticed that after you plug your headphones back in, the music doesn’t start automatically? You have to manually tap play again to get that music playing for you again.

Coming to the scene to try and make things better is iOS developer thekirbylover who has just released a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed Plugication, which will start playing your music again as soon as you plug in your headphones. Plugication will also work with speakers that you connect through your headphone jack, but it will not work with Bluetooth devices. Plugication is compatible with Spotify, Grooveshark, and other music services beyond just the Music application by Apple.

If you have nothing playing and no music applications open, Plugication will start playing your last-played song when you plug in your headphones. This can be both good or bad – good for having a quick shortcut for playing music, but bad because it automatically plays music even if that wasn’t your original intention when plugging in your headphones.

If you’re in the middle of a FaceTime, Skype chat, or other kind of video or voice chat, Plugication will not start playing music in the middle of your call because iOS automatically mutes any music when you start a call of that sort. This means you can confidently attach headphones in the middle of a call to help you hear the other person better without having to worry about distraction noise popping up.

The developer, thekirbylover, has an update coming out for Plugication shortly that will include the following features:
    • ability to allow music to continue playing when headphones are disconnected
    • ability to blacklist applications that you don't want to play when you plug headphones in
    • a volume limit for plugging headphones in so high volume doesn't surprise the user

Plugication is great for the on-the-go music listener looking for a faster way to get their music playing. It will work on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with iOS 4 or higher installed on it. Since Plugication is free, you can try it out and see how you like it!

Name: Plugication
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: thekirbylover
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: thekirbylover
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-03-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This should actually come very handy to me because at work I am constantly unplugging and replugging my headphones...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Will this work even if the music you were last playing is not from music.app? Let's say it's pandora or some other music playing app?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cool tweak. Instead of having the music start playing when you plug in your headphones, I would like it more if it opened up the music app instead. Nice idea though.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Will this work even if the music you were last playing is not from music.app? Let's say it's pandora or some other music playing app?
    Please read the second paragraph.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Read about it here. Downloaded it and tested it. Awesome! Felt sad that it's actually free when there are hundreds of paid tweaks out there with no use.

Personally would've
    *paid $10 with no hesitations, no doubts.*

Thank you so much for this great tweak, made my life easier somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I would like it more if it opened up the music app instead. Nice idea though.
    That would destroy the whole idea. If it was to open up the iPod app then you would have to either dismiss it or choose a song etc. but the whole point is to plug it in and there you go. Don't need to touch no screen nor play buttons...

Thanks

great i wonder if this supports docking station as well?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty good idea, cool that it's free.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RamonN View Post
    Read about it here. Downloaded it and tested it. Awesome! Felt sad that it's actually free when there are hundreds of paid tweaks out there with no use.

Personally would've
    *paid $10 with no hesitations, no doubts.*

Thank you so much for this great tweak, made my life easier somehow!

That would destroy the whole idea. If it was to open up the iPod app then you would have to either dismiss it or choose a song etc. but the whole point is to plug it in and there you go. Don't need to touch no screen nor play buttons...
    It might destroy its purpose to you but I'll most likely want to change the song that's currently playing when I plug in my headphones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    It might destroy its purpose to you but I'll most likely want to change the song that's currently playing when I plug in my headphones.
    Use activator, assign short hold volume up next track and short hold volume down previous track

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    great i wonder if this supports docking station as well?
    Activator has something like this. Go to activator in settings then click anywhere. Scroll down to power and click on one of the actions. Assign play/pause to 'connected'

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Yes but you have to have pandora running(open in the background). If no music playing apps are running it just starts the music app up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great tweak, works like a charm.

I use it in my car by plug-in my phone to my radio car and I have a suggestion of enhancement.

It would be great to have an option to open a music app (music.app, music+ or any another music application) when plug-in in addition with the auto play.

In my case when I plug my iphone autoplay is launched but I always have to open music+ after in order to be able to navigate in my playlists.

Anyway very useful tweak, Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seijmo View Post
    Great tweak, works like a charm.

I use it in my car by plug-in my phone to my radio car and I have a suggestion of enhancement.

It would be great to have an option to open a music app (music.app, music+ or any another music application) when plug-in in addition with the auto play.

In my case when I plug my iphone autoplay is launched but I always have to open music+ after in order to be able to navigate in my playlists.

Anyway very useful tweak, Thanks!
    Don't think that'll work without having to open the app then switch back to the previous app but I'll try

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thekirbylover View Post
    Don't think that'll work without having to open the app then switch back to the previous app but I'll try

Great, I hope you will find a way that could make a great addition to your plugin! (in my opinion))

Thanks for the quick andwer