+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Aloud - Notifications Announced Out Loud

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Looks like another great tweak from cjori I hope I win.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like another great tweak from cjori
    I hope I win.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjori View Post
    I will add more text formats soon , if you know me you probably know I like to keep my tweaks updated and add new features all the time. Aloud /just/ got released. Try comparing my Applocker tweak when it first was released and what it is today.
    If you'd like to keep yourself posted in Aloud's updates you should follow me on twitter: here.
    Thanks for the reply and info. Really cool of you. I am looking forward to that update as I like how your tweak overrides the stock sound (because with speak events, you have to shut off the sound manually, but then that stops the vibrating, so you have to install a silent ring to get the vibrate to work again) and ties into the ringer for volume (because speak events ties into the master volume and its a PITA to make sure thats up to hear the notifications) to stay consistent with the other notifications/tones. And subscribed!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

So I decided to buy this. Introductory price of a dollar. I couldn't resist, especially since I have paid a buck for functionality way more useless than this. LOL!

Anyway, some critiques (and praises).

I absolutely love the different languages. I do wish that I could set which language plays for what alert. I text a lot in hungarian and english. As far as I know I need to choose one language or the other at any given time. The text to speak is remarkably good. Would love to have english play for certain contacts and hungarian for others.

Along the same lines as what I mentioned above, I would also like to be able to filter what email gets auto-read aloud (right now its all or nothing again). I do a lot of work on eBay, and don't really want those read aloud (there is a bunch of useless text in there that eBay automatically adds that just takes too long).

For now it's a nice little tweak, and even with the "issues" I am having it was worth a buck. I'd be willing to pay a bit more, even if JUST the texting readback had the features I am looking for.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

It make's Siri gets stuck when you ask a ? After she tells you the ? When I press the home button to close she won't close any body had this happen ? how Do I fix this 4s
    Last edited by Cmds187; 03-19-2012 at 06:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    It make's Siri gets stuck when you ask a ? After she tells you the ? When I press the home button to close she won't close any body had this happen ? how Do I fix this 4s
    Not possible (that it's Aloud's fault). Aloud doesn't hook Siri.

Thanks

This is what I'm talking about

When she tell me the ? To cancel I have to hit the sleep button to close it instead of the home button

And what do you mean it's aloud fault do that mean its going to be that way and i can't change it
    Last edited by Cmds187; 03-21-2012 at 10:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    This is what I'm talking about

When she tell me the ? To cancel I have to hit the sleep button to close it instead of the home button
    Okay, but it isn't Aloud causing this issue.

Thanks

I keep installing and reinstalling it Fixs it when I uninstall it do think you know what's making this happen ? I love aloud?

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123