+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Aloud - Notifications Announced Out Loud

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Looks like another to add to the extensive list of purchased apps... I can dig it.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like another to add to the extensive list of purchased apps... I can dig it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    Just installed it.. Set date to be swipe right, wifi status to swipe left, and set a sleeping time. Tried to send a test text to myself then mobile substrate froze, went to safemode, respring, and right back into safemode. I do have intelliscreenX installed, which it seemed like it was trying to load when it froze... Tried reinstall, but would still freeze and get me back into safemode. Now uninstalled it and everything is working again.. Ill be installing it again in a week. Hopefully it is more stable.
    Please email me from Cydia so I can get a crash log, look into the issue and fix it. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by CrucialCrew View Post
    I can't seem get my device to vibrate for incoming texts while I have Aloud turned on unless I have the notification sound suppression set to off in which case I hear both Aloud and my normal notification sound at the same time. Any ideas?
    This is a known bug and will be fixed quickly in an update, sorry for the trouble.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The tweek looked nice! Would love winning one of these!

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd love a copy!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Loving this tweak, but all I think it needs is a way to toggle it on & off, so I can use it when say playing BF3 & disable it afterwards.

The activator command to read the message will do for now, but something to just toggle it on off would be better.

Not sure if you can do stuff like that with activator. I recently got rid of SBSettings as I now use IntelliescreenX toggles.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I saw the YouTube video, and it looks really cool!

Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow looks amazing.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Speak to me babeeeee!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds like excellent app. Would happily pay for, but winning free would be even better.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry, but I got to go with speak events over this one. I've tried both and the biggest issue is the "all or none" of aloud, meaning with aloud if I use dynamic it reads EVERYTHING, sorry, I don't want others hearing my work emails or texts from my jerk friends who use foul language. But if I put it to title only, when I get mail or texts, it only says the person's name, so what, is it a message from that person, an email, a voicemail?

Now with speak events, it'll say "you have a message from xxx" without reading the message or "you have a mail from xxx" in the same fashion. I do realize that speak events is not as customizable as aloud, but it has better announcements that don't include reading the whole message.

I'm not knocking the tweak, it does what it does well, but for those of us reciveing info that doesn't need to be heard by everyone, speak events does a better job.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Looks great, I've wanted a good program like this, so I can actually tell what my notifications are while I'm on my motorcycle.

I hope I win this one, but I'll probably buy it if I don't.
    Looks like a great, worthwhile tweak.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotzaiPhone View Post
    I'm sorry, but I got to go with speak events over this one. I've tried both and the biggest issue is the "all or none" of aloud, meaning with aloud if I use dynamic it reads EVERYTHING, sorry, I don't want others hearing my work emails or texts from my jerk friends who use foul language. But if I put it to title only, when I get mail or texts, it only says the person's name, so what, is it a message from that person, an email, a voicemail?

Now with speak events, it'll say "you have a message from xxx" without reading the message or "you have a mail from xxx" in the same fashion. I do realize that speak events is not as customizable as aloud, but it has better announcements that don't include reading the whole message.

I'm not knocking the tweak, it does what it does well, but for those of us reciveing info that doesn't need to be heard by everyone, speak events does a better job.
    Then go into the settings and customize what you want to hear; not that hard at all. No problems here.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-02-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks
    cool I so my friend have it he like it a lot ,,, me too

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Then go into the settings and customize what you want to hear; not that hard at all. No problems here.
    That's what I was talking about, between dynamic and title/title&message. If set on title only, it will then not tell you what type of message it is. It only speaks the sender's name. That's great and all to hear a name, but I want to know what that name is sending me. The only way aloud tell's you what type of message it is, is to set to dynamic, but then it reads the body of the message too. So again, goes to my previous issue.

If there is a way for aloud to say "message from xxx" or email from xxx" without also reading the body of the message, I must have missed something. However, I did try all available settings and sent different types of messages to my phone and could not get aloud to do what I wanted.

Again, I am in no way knocking this tweak and if the developer changes it in the future to have the ability to specifically tell the user what type of message is coming in and from whom, without reading the body of the message, I'll try aloud again. So to anyone not getting that I'm just pointing out a need/desire for a slightly different function with this type of tweak, my difference of opinion from everyone else here is not meant to be an attack on the dev or any offense to anyone.
    Last edited by gotzaiPhone; 03-02-2012 at 10:15 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gotzaiPhone View Post
    That's what I was talking about, between dynamic and title/title&message. If set on title only, it will then not tell you what type of message it is. It only speaks the sender's name. That's great and all to hear a name, but I want to know what that name is sending me. The only way aloud tell's you what type of message it is, is to set to dynamic, but then it reads the body of the message too. So again, goes to my previous issue.

If there is a way for aloud to say "message from xxx" or email from xxx" without also reading the body of the message, I must have missed something. However, I did try all available settings and sent different types of messages to my phone and could not get aloud to do what I wanted.

Again, I am in no way knocking this tweak and if the developer changes it in the future to have the ability to specifically tell the user what type of message is coming in and from whom, without reading the body of the message, I'll try aloud again. So to anyone not getting that I'm just pointing out a need/desire for a slightly different function with this type of tweak, my difference of opinion from everyone else here is not meant to be an attack on the dev or any offense to anyone.
    I will add more text formats soon , if you know me you probably know I like to keep my tweaks updated and add new features all the time. Aloud /just/ got released. Try comparing my Applocker tweak when it first was released and what it is today.
    If you'd like to keep yourself posted in Aloud's updates you should follow me on twitter: here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Looks handy for speaking incoming texts ...

Thanks
    Purchased Thursday, Just for the .99 price before it went up. yet to install it. Using speakevents right now and liking it, Ill install and test it out this weekend

Thanks
    Need a help.Cant make it work.Is there a video instructions or something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dont know if id purchase this

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BOYD View Post
    Dont know if id purchase this
    I think you should.