Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Issues Update to Apple Store iOS App

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Issues Update to Apple Store iOS App

On Wednesday, Apple pushed out an update to its Apple Store iOS app. Subtle but significant, the new features will likely be appreciated by no shortage of users.

So what's up in Version 2.1? For starters, Apple makes it possible for you to select your iPhone plan from all three U.S. carriers AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint (in U.S. Only). Also, Apple is looking to make your shopping experience "even more convenient" with new account management editing and billing options.

Basically, you can now revise your billing information and address from inside the app. Simple stuff in the big picture, but really helpful and long overdue as well.

Perhaps best of all for those of you reading this in the Netherlands, Apple today is making the Apple Store app available for the first time in your beautiful neck of the woods. Talk about perfect timing. Apple's first retail store in the Netherlands opens in just a few days.

The update (weighing in at 7.9 MB) requires iOS 4.3.3 or higher and is available now.

Source: Apple

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Rinki Garg (03-01-2012)

Say hello to iPad 3 using this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually this is very helpful towards me. Can you see the purchase history? I'm not sure if I read that right.

Apples customer service/options are the best!

Seriously, iPhone only app, no iPad support from apple? LOL

So do you upgrade to this version via the AppStore or OTA? I can't seem to see the update on my non-jailbroken 4S with the latest firmware.

ok so this is gonna be i think a super noob question but how do i upgrade my app store???
    Last edited by damien6; 03-01-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsson View Post
    So do you upgrade to this version via the AppStore or OTA? I can't seem to see the update on my non-jailbroken 4S with the latest firmware.
    App Store.

For reference, this is the app this article is talking about. No firmware upgrades needed (assuming you're on iOS 4.3.3 or 4.2, depending on the source you believe).

Quote Originally Posted by damien6 View Post
    ok so this is gonna be i think a super noob question but how do i upgrade my app store???
    Its an App. You just install it from the itunes app store.

Quote Originally Posted by damien6 View Post
    Go onto the app store on your idevice then go to updates then update apple store