Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Calendar Pro - A Calendar Widget for Notification Center

Default [Review] Calendar Pro - A Calendar Widget for Notification Center

iOS 5 has a powerful calendar application, unfortunately there is not a Notification Center widget to go with it. There is a weather widget and a weather application; there’s even a stock widget and a stock application. iOS developer tom-go is introducing to us a very sleek calendar widget for Notification Center dubbed Calendar Pro for Notification Center. Similarly the stock and weather widgets, you can tap on an area of it to launch the respective application – the small calendar button in the bottom right of the widget, as shown in the screenshot above, will launch the stock iOS Calendar application.

As you might expect from a high quality calendar, the weekend days are coated in a different color than the weekdays. What’s more is a gray oval-like shape highlights the current date and you can swipe right and left to reveal future and previous months on the calendar widget. If you don’t adore the default colors for the widget, then don’t fret. The colors, as well as numerous other preferences, are customizable from the Settings application. The settings for Calendar Pro for Notification Center are presented below:

The color settings are at the bottom of the screenshot, allowing you to change the colors of the month, weekday dates, Saturday dates, Sunday dates, public holiday dates, and the color of the oval-shaped indicator that highlights the current date. Above the settings for colors, you discover the ability to make the calendar start with Mondays instead of Sundays if that is your preference, the ability to show dots on days with events (just like in the Calendar application), and the ability to disable and enable the calendar and home buttons within the widget. You will find the ability to load holiday calendars into the widget as well – these settings are configured from Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Calendar Pro for Notification Center works great with Notification Center tweaks such as Flowtation (used in the first screenshot) and other widgets. It plays nicely with IntelliScreenX and can be placed in the top shelf if you don't like it appearing first-hand in Notification Center. You can enable and disable the widget at any time by dragging the widget in and out of Notification Center from Settings>Notifications:

The cosmetic appearance of Calendar Pro for Notification Center is not all that bad for a third party widget. It’s very minimalist, however it does look a bit abnormal being so tall compared to both of Apple’s widgets. The color changing options makes the calendar easy to read for everyone and the ability to scroll through each month right from Notification Center without having to launch the Calendar application certainly gives you that mobile feel.

If you don't like having a ton of widgets clogging up Notification Center, then Calendar Pro might not be something that you want to install; it does take up a considerable amount of space and will require iOS 5 to install. Setting you back only $1.50, I would absolutely call this widget with its extensive settings worth it. Check it out!

Name: Calendar Pro for Notification Center
    Price: $1.50
    Version: 1.0-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: tom-go
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: Cydia, tom-go
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-28-2012 at 09:51 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed it on my iPad and it froze it up. Emailed the developer.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

If you don't mind me asking, what's your wallpaper?

Thanks

I use the Aspire iPad theme. So the wallpaper that comes with it.

I also use weeroll.

I also got a question.
    On the first screenshot I can see two dots at the botton of the NC.
    Does that mean that you can scroll between pages in the NC? How do you get it?

Thanks

I have intelliscreenx and have 4 pages to page. That is one app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    I also got a question.
    On the first screenshot I can see two dots at the botton of the NC.
    Does that mean that you can scroll between pages in the NC? How do you get it?
    that is IntelliscreenX my friend
    32 GB iPhone 3GS
    Firmware: 3.0, 04.26.08 Baseband
    Carrier: AT&T 5.0 w/ tethering and mms active

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssemmel View Post
    I use the Aspire iPad theme. So the wallpaper that comes with it.

I also use weeroll.
    I was directing my question at Anthony.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I was directing my question at Anthony.
    It's only the OS X Mountain Lion wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by capo07 View Post
    that is IntelliscreenX my friend
    ohh, I feel like an idiot now
    Thanks for the reply
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It's only the OS X Mountain Lion wallpaper.
    Oh alright thanks

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Has anyone noticed that the calendar tends to display incorrectly when the NC is exposed while in landscape? Sometimes it's as if it's partially horizontally scrolled to the next or previous month and then sometimes immediately after having returned to portrait it is still half-scrolled. I am using Lockinfo on my 4S 5.0.1b. Is anyone able to confirm if this is a Calendar Pro issue or one with Lockinfo?