Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] SiriBoard - Add A Siri Icon to Your Home Screen

Default [Review] SiriBoard - Add A Siri Icon to Your Home Screen

Has using the home button to launch Siri ever been a pet peeve of yours? For many people with malfunctioning home buttons, it is. With a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed SiriBoard by iOS developer FreeManRepo, you can launch Siri from your home screen with a new application icon. FreeManRepo also recently brought us LockAssistant for opening Siri from the lock screen. Both of his tweaks work great together for giving you a home button-free experience with Siri.

While the icon looks great on the retina display, it is nothing more than the stock Siri icon scaled down. Cosmetically, the icon is round and looks odd in co-existence with the other applications that you may have on your home screen, which are square with rounded corners. Functionally, SiriBoard works excellently and launches Siri even quicker than having to wait a few seconds while holding the home button.

If an icon on your home screen seems too far-fetched, Activator comes with an action to launch Siri. If you are looking for a way to launch Siri without using any buttons, Activator may be a more viable option for you; Activator can be used in many places, like the lock screen, home screen, and within applications. With SiriBoard, you are limited to the home screen, which might be a turn-off for some.

SiriBoard works sufficiently with any iDevice running Spire and requires iOS 5 or higher to install. If you have QuickSiri installed on your iDevice, SiriBoard will launch Siri in full-screen as you would expect it to if you pressed the home button to launch Siri.

Name: SiriBoard
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-3
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: FreeManRepo
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: FreeManRepo

excellent tweak, just what I needed. It's better than sirilaunch for me.

Awesome idea, but I made an Activator gesture so when I tap the status bar twice from anywhere siri pops up.

just what the doctor ordered - brilliant been waiting for this one - it is quite tedious to press and hold the ome button - particularly when i'm driving (!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by nashlib View Post
    just what the doctor ordered - brilliant been waiting for this one - it is quite tedious to press and hold the ome button - particularly when i'm driving (!!!)

so it's easier to unlock your phone, or be unlocked already and go to the home screen and look for an icon and press it? easier than it is to pick up your phone and HOLD a button while staring at the road and paying attention ? sorry but that makes no sense..just sayin

Especially when hands free works like a charm!! And there's a toggle to shut it off when not needed!! To save batterie life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    Awesome idea, but I made an Activator gesture so when I tap the status bar twice from anywhere siri pops up.
    I did this as well. Activator is a more efficient and streamlined way of launching Siri and other apps, tweaks, etc.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice. Too bad it can't be renamed with icon renamer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Nice. Too bad it can't be renamed with icon renamer.
    You can rename it manually...
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    You can rename it manually...
    How?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    How?
    In the application, change the CFBunfleName to whatever you want. It is in the Info.plist
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    In the application, change the CFBunfleName to whatever you want. It is in the Info.plist
    Yo. This doesn't work for me in standard mode. But in Safe Mode, it works. Bizarre.

Also tried CFBundleDisplayName.

I would love some help here.