+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 2/20 - 2/26

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 2/20 - 2/26

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of February 20th until today, February 26th as per the opinion of our staff.

1. AssistantLove - $1.99

AssistantLove is a jailbreak tweak by iOS developer John Coates created for the purpose of extending the limitless potentials of Siri, the voice assistant for iOS. AssistantLove has support for Spotify, permitting you to have Siri search for and play music from Spotify instead of the Music application. It also has support for third party GPS applications, so you can ask Siri how to get somewhere and she will give you a map in your favorite GPS application instead of using the Maps application. Additionally, AssistantLove has support for launching applications through Siri using either their names or an alias of your choice. We highly recommend AssistantLove for any heavy Siri users.

2. LowPowerBanner - FREE

LowPowerBanner is a simple and free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer snakeninny that makes your iDevice display an iOS 5-style banner with a pleasant chiming noise when your battery reaches 20% or 10% instead of the obtrusive iOS 4-style pop-up notification that we are plagued with. It aims to complete the notification system for iOS 5 that Apple never seemed to finish. This tweak is highly suggested for all iOS 5 users.

3. PictoKeyboard - FREE

PictoKeyboard is a free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Moeseth that allows you to replace one international keyboard that you never use with a Unicode text keyboard. These symbols are great for Twitter, text messages, and other things that you want to express feelings with. The Unicode text is not limited to being seen on iDevices or Macs like emoji is and you can see these figures on a computer too. If you like to post fun little symbols with everything that you type online, then check out PictoKeyboard!

4. PushTone - $1.99

PushTone is a jailbreak tweak invented by iOS developer yeahwangy to make it easier to discern which applications are trying to notify you by letting you set custom tones for each application that can give you sound notifications. Usually, most applications give you the standard iOS tri-tone noise when you get a new notification. This makes it very difficult to figure out which application is alerting you when you canít get to your iDevice at the moment. PushTone lets you assign any ring tone or text tone on your iDevice to an application through the Notifications section of the Settings application.

5. WeeRoll - 99Ę

WeeRoll is a jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Pathkiller29 to give you the capability to customize the animations that appear when you open Notification Center. WeeRoll has been nicknamed the Barrel of Notification Center and it includes a free Lite version in Cydia which you can try before you buy the full version. WeeRoll has thirteen different animations to choose from. If you like to change things from Appleís default configurations on your iDevice, then youíll enjoy WeeRoll.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on Modmyi!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ericwall's Avatar
    Thanks

Ehh. Not the best tweaks I have ever used.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericwall View Post
    Same. But keep in mind it's the best tweaks released THIS week.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lowpowerbanner is pretty legit. much more convenient than the obnoxious window that pops up lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg3000 View Post
    lowpowerbanner is pretty legit. much more convenient than the obnoxious window that pops up lol.
    Oh god ik. I hate it when im playing contract killer and the window pops up, pausing the game, but only after about two seconds

and when i go to resume, it jerks to the right just i little bit and i miss my shot so the guy takes of running. Very obnoxious
    (null)

Thanks

I agree about LowPowerBanner.
    I haven't been able to see it in action, but it should be number one.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Lowpowerbanner all the way

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

My iPod doesn't have low power alerts. I don't know why. I turned them off on my last iPod, but I lost the backup for that so they should be on. I'm happy with it anyway

Thanks
    Pictokeyboard not compatible with Color Keyboard...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Low power banner is kinda nice

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Oh god ik. I hate it when im playing contract killer and the window pops up, pausing the game, but only after about two seconds

and when i go to resume, it jerks to the right just i little bit and i miss my shot so the guy takes of running. Very obnoxious
    things is, that itís supposed to be a warning, sometimes I look away from my iPhone when itís on and I donít pay attention to my battery drainage. good tweak regardless

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    things is, that itís supposed to be a warning, sometimes I look away from my iPhone when itís on and I donít pay attention to my battery drainage. good tweak regardless
    Yep.I agree. It's annoying but serves a purpose as the popup persists whereas the banner doesn't. Does the low power banner stay in NC after?

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Yep.I agree. It's annoying but serves a purpose as the popup persists whereas the banner doesn't. Does the low power banner stay in NC after?
    It doesn't, but at least in my case, I always have the battery % on, so not knowing that the battery is low is a non-issue. The banner is better for me because it doesn't pause what I'm doing, but still let's me know where the battery is at in apps that don't show the status bar.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be nice if you guys included any memory leakage, RAM consumption, and/or performance drops that each tweak may or may not have. For instance: WeeRoll takes 10-15Mb of RAM away from your unused RAM stores... so if you don't mind losing 10-15Mb of RAM, this tweak is for you. Or WeeRoll causes a slight lag when dragging down on the NC. These are hypothetical... so don't flame me if those examples aren't true.

Thanks

Weeroll conflicts with Bulletin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericwall View Post
    Hence: of the week
    To Themers: STOP ABANDONING CYDIA FOR THEMEIT, YOU ARE LOSING FANS/SALES!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Picto seems generic. I rather use emoji but still havent found a good one. any suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deeplock View Post
    Pictokeyboard not compatible with Color Keyboard...
    I'm using ColorKeyboard and PictoKeyboard without any issues...
    iPad2 <- PS/2 OS/2 <- Timex Sinclair

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't help to notice but on the lowpowerbanner the iPod displayed in the picture the battery is 14%.. Yes the banner says 20%, hope it's actually accurate. Will download anyways and see how it goes.

Edit: just downloaded and works perfectly

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Can't help to notice but on the lowpowerbanner the iPod displayed in the picture the battery is 14%.. Yes the banner says 20%, hope it's actually accurate. Will download anyways and see how it goes.

Edit: just downloaded and works perfectly
    Erm... that's because it hasn't reached 10% yet and it's alerting me that it's below 20%.