+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] SwipeSiri - Dismiss Siri By Swiping

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] SwipeSiri - Dismiss Siri By Swiping

Has it ever been a pet peeve of yours having to press the home button to dismiss Siri either when you are finished using her or you launch her by accident? iOS developer Ron Melkhior has released a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed SwipeSiri, which lets you use a simple swipe gesture to dismiss Siri instead of pressing the home button.

As some of you are undoubtedly aware, you can already dismiss Siri when she is in half-declared mode (looking similar to the App Switcher) simply by tapping somewhere that is not Siriís interface. The tapping method is quite frankly simpler than swiping, although SwipeSiri shines when you have Siri open in full-declared mode (full screen) because you cannot exit Siri without pressing the home button or the sleep button. Putting the swipe gesture in both modes was simply to provide you with a sense of consistency.

Surprisingly enough, you need to swipe upward to dismiss Siri, although the animation of actually dismissing Siri makes the interface slide downward. I felt a little uncomfortable with that graphical appearance since it didnít feel like the human interaction that I would expect from Apple. I would have expected to slide downward to match the direction of the dismissal animation.

SwipeSiri works absolutely fine with Spire and it works great with a jailbreak tweak called QuickSiri, which automatically launches Siri in full-declared mode supposedly to help Spire load zippier on older, sluggish iDevices. If youíre looking for a way to make touch gestures dominant over use of any buttons on your iPhone, then SwipeSiri is a pretty stylish way to do it. Itís free, so give it a try.

Name: SwipeSiri
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ron Melkhior
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: Ron Melkhior

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I don't use Siri but I think it would be funny to dismiss Siri by saying "Siri, Shut Up!!!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I don't use Siri but I think it would be funny to dismiss Siri by saying "Siri, Shut Up!!!"
    On a jailbreak tweak called Sara you can tell her to shut up and she really stops talking lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DQEight View Post
    On a jailbreak tweak called Sara you can tell her to shut up and she really stops talking lol
    where is this tweak on cydia?