+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Intoxicase: Beer Connoisseurs and Spoiled College Kids Rejoice

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Successful products usually solve a real and obvious consumer problem/need, which means the Intoxicase should be sweeping across the country’s college campuses any day now. The bottle-opening case has been
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Intoxicase: Beer Connoisseurs and Spoiled College Kids Rejoice

Successful products usually solve a real and obvious consumer problem/need, which means the Intoxicase should be sweeping across the country’s college campuses any day now.

The bottle-opening case has been done before, but not like this. The Intoxicase comes in two flavors, the orgininal and the Intoxicase+. The original Intoxicase has rather pocket-unfriendly looking bottle opener wleded onto the back of the iPhone 4/4S case. Apparently “hundreds of design and experiment hours” went into the patent pending design. Either way, it lookes functional, but rather uncomfortable.

The Intoxicase+ on the other hand has a smal collapsible “reach-out” bottle opening mechanism built into the back of the case. The user can simply pull the mechanism out, and push it back in flush with the case, making for much more pocket friendly design.

The Intoxicase companion app can keep track of how many bottles you’ve opened (and presumably consumed), find your car, call you a cab, play music while opening a bottle, and instantly share with your “social network” how much of an alcoholic you are by posting/tweeting each bottle popped.

The accompanying app is actually pretty slick, and provides users with a breakdown of total beers “tossed so far” and beers “sipped today.” It even breaks down your drinking habits via beer selection and presents in in percentages and nice looking charts so you know whether you’re a microbrew or domestic connoisseur. The app provides enough functionality that it’s worth the download even without the case.

Intoxicase and Intoxicase+ are available here for $35 and $45 respectively, although the Intoxicase+ is available for pre-order at $35 for a limited time.

Source: The Loop [via iClarified]
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 02-25-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks

Absolutely ridiculous. "and instantly share with your “social network” how much of an alcoholic you are by posting/tweeting each bottle popped" What a great way to ensure you don't get hired for that next job should your employer check you out on social media. Maybe they can figure out a way for the phone to take a picture of the beer labels too? Have a contest for most exotic beers consumed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ive been using the samsung infuse..dropped apple long ago..But, just because a college kid has a smart phone means "spoiled college kids" smh give me a break

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Use this hard enough or to many times and won't u crack the back glass plate?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Use case to open a bottle, put down bottle and drink case?!?!?! Wow I'm drunk!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous. "and instantly share with your “social network” how much of an alcoholic you are by posting/tweeting each bottle popped" What a great way to ensure you don't get hired for that next job should your employer check you out on social media. Maybe they can figure out a way for the phone to take a picture of the beer labels too? Have a contest for most exotic beers consumed.
    It's unfortunate that in the US they are so uptight about beer and alcohol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    Ive been using the samsung infuse..dropped apple long ago..But, just because a college kid has a smart phone means "spoiled college kids" smh give me a break
    Or has an actual job and uses it for work.

Or has an actual job and finally goes "I can own an Apple product, LOOK!"

But those kinds of people, I've noticed, don't usually drink anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll Probably Never Buy One But I Like The Plus Lol

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

"It all started on a dark cold night"....really?? Who cares what the night was like?? I bet most people drink beer indoors at a house or apartment, and if they don't it's not hard to bring a bottle opener. The idea is alright, but I wouldn't want my iPhone being passed around at a party. Even if you only used it for yourself you still wouldn't use it that often, unless you're an alcoholic. I just don't see the point in spending that amount of money on something like that. You could easily buy a cheap opener for your key ring or something. I guess someone might enjoy it though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Who leaves their profile viewable to potential bosses? I don't have one FB friend from work. I keep my play and my money separated.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Spoiled college kids? Really? I have an iphone, ipad, and a macbook air THAT I PAID FOR MYSELF. That doesn't make me spoiled means I work hard to go to school and also work to afford the things I want at the same time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

a bottle opener AND a corkscrew then we'll talk

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

Who would wanna buy a iPhone case with a beer opener? Seriously people, it's not easy enough having one on your keychain, but on back of your phone?having a credit card holder I can put up with, this is just worthless.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I buy one of these I have to admit I drink enough to warrant it. I'd rather keep using a bic. I don't smoke, but a cigarette lighter is way less conspicuous than this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm a Bartender and that is just useless... yeah I am going to use my expensive factory unlocked iphone in the fast paced place I work to open bottles.. maybe in those neighborhood bars it works, but not in new york city.... I use a speed opener or a lighter to open the bottles... :P

Green Apple
    Thanks