Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] LockAssistant - Launch Siri From the Lock Screen

Default [Review] LockAssistant - Launch Siri From the Lock Screen

Launching Siri is easy – press and hold the home button for a few seconds and then she will pop up. Sometimes things happen; your home button breaks, you are in a position where you can’t press and hold the home button, or you’re just lazy. In all of these situations, a new jailbreak tweak dubbed LockAssistant by iOS developer FreeManRepo will let you launch Siri from the lock screen of your iDevice by tapping on the iOS 5 camera button.

In an awkward turn of events, the lock screen’s camera button is not changed in the aspect of appearance; it still resembles a camera even when you are launching Siri with it. The developer replied to me on Twitter saying that he has plans to update the icon to resemble Siri. LockAssistant makes it so that the button is permanently visible on your lock screen without having to double-press the home button to make it appear. You will still need to double-press the home button in order to show your iPod controls.

LockAssistant works well with no laggy transition when opening Siri. It requires iOS 5 and Siri capability including, but not limited to Spire. In all even-handedness, if you enjoy using the camera button from the lock screen, then LockAssistant isn’t for you. There is no way to change the button back to a camera button without uninstalling LockAssistant. For this issue, the developer says he will be adding a feature to enable and disable LockAssistant so that you can disable it when you are heading somewhere that you know you will be using your Camera application.

If you want to keep the use of your camera button in tact, however you still like the idea of being able to touch a button to launch Siri, then check out SiriLaunch.

Name: LockAssistant
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.9.9-3
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: FreeManRepo
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Sources: FreeManRepo
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-24-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Does anyone want a Winterboard Siri Button for the Camera button theme for this?

Quote Originally Posted by interstink View Post
    Does anyone want a Winterboard Siri Button for the Camera button theme for this?
    He's already pushing an update to include the icon. I would have preferred it came out like that to begin with.

Banned
    Thanks

Yea, I was looking yesterday for a way to change the icon and haven't found one.

I just grab my iphone like im calling someone and that activates siri from the lockscreen

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Siri icon for LockAssistant on the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Yea, I was looking yesterday for a way to change the icon and haven't found one.
    I literally just made a very nice Siri icon to cover up that camera button especially for this tweak! I'm submitting it now via the Modmyi repo so expect it up tomorrow. It will be called "SiriLockAssistantLogo".
     Think Different.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    I literally just made a very nice Siri icon to cover up that camera button especially for this tweak! I'm submitting it now via the Modmyi repo so expect it up tomorrow. It will be called "SiriLockAssistantLogo".
    Nice; I think that's how it should have came out.
    He included On/Off toggle in the Settings.app but still hasn't updated the icon.
    Maybe he should include a toggle for the icon too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

My apologies. My themed icon will not be hosted in the modmyi repository because every package I submit on it seems to be rejected every time. Therefore I will be hosting it in the BigBoss repo where it might be available for download today on Cydia! Sorry for the bit of confusion.
    Nice; I think that's how it should have came out.
    He included On/Off toggle in the Settings.app but still hasn't updated the icon.
    Maybe he should include a toggle for the icon too.
    I totally agree that it should have been submitted with an icon already in the package but hey, it gives me something to do right? Lol!

Thanks

So, I kept respring assuming the camera icon would change noting this tweak was working so glad to realize the tweak is there with the camera icon as is. Yes, I am glad there is a theme icon in the werks

I Am FreeManRepo (The Developer of LockAssistant) i submitted an update with the icon today, so it should be out later tonight
    Best wishes, FreeManRepo.

Thanks

Update didn't change camera icon to Siri mic???