+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Blames 700,000 Lost Subscribers on iPhone 4S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by kline1 Didnt TMO say at the end of last year that they didnt need the iPhone? I guess they do huh. Assuming you're talking about 2010, not
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kline1 View Post
    Didnt TMO say at the end of last year that they didnt need the iPhone? I guess they do huh.
    Assuming you're talking about 2010, not 2011: that was the "idyllic" time (by T-Mo's standards I imagine) when VZW and Sprint had no iPhone and no way to get it. AT&T was the sole iPhone house, and TMo (via jailbreak and unlock) was the only other option for American iPhone owners. It also helps that they had about five million more subscribers.

A failed buyout and much larger iPhone market penetration now that even regional carriers have the device and they don't... means they're sunk and must organize another plan of attack. Their previous swagger has evaporated like a misting of rain on hot Southern California pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    tmo needs 1900mhz
    The sooner they get this done (Band II UMTS/HSPA+) the sooner they are far more attractive to iPhone owners and the sooner they can roll out their AWS-based LTE. They're behind even Sprint even in their deployment plans--and that is a position they cannot afford to be trapped in.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m.catamount View Post
    Can't lie.. I was one of em

me too!

actually it was them changing their Wireless TOS and started charging people who didnt have an internet plan, and didnt even inform them of the changes..

and the iphone 4s helped a little

Green Apple
    Thanks

I find T-mobile to be pretty childish, for blaming the iPhone on there 700,000 customer loss. T-mobile is the one not to choose the iPhone being a part of there service so it's there issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile is too cool for iPhone
    Couple week ago I went into a T-mobile store to ask if they would get the iPhone because I wanted my girlfriend to have one. The sales man puffed up on his biggest egotistical attitude and proceeded to tell me that they were too good for the iPhone. Then a bunch of crap about their new 4G network and they declined selling iPhones be cause their old news. I didn't get into it with him, he clearly very believed what he was saying. And we went to a Verizon store.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Peeps are so blind to the ATT crap service, locked phones that you cannot get unlocked etc. Wow, mass stupidity for going after a phone and being completely blind to the crappy service the will recieve. Oh well, I am a former iPhone 4/ATT person and love my T-mobile serve and android phone.

Thanks

Solution. Give the iPhone to T-Mobile. NOW..all Major players will have one. NOW....the REAL...fun begins..because NOW..it's off to the Races with Plans & data.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Just cause I want to watch Netflix doesnt mean they have to be dicks about data. I used 12 gigs like 6 months ago doing the same thing and never got yelled at or data limited but after using just 2 gigs this months get yelled at? AT&T SUCKS
    Then leave AT&T! We won't miss hogs like chu

Thanks

So, let's see... They are losing customers to , well, everybody who carries an iPhone (uh, everybody else in the market, more or less...) Ah yes. LAWSUIT TIME!!!

(No, I have no idea what grounds they could possibly have, but given the US court system, that doesn't seem to stop anybody.)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is the most insane thing I have seen on here. Lawsuit??? Really??? Sure people sue at the drop of a dime. T-mobile will not even look that way. For one they are now hurting financially for a poor business decision on their part. They are not going to risk losing even more money on attorneys and court costs only to be laughed out of Court. T-noble has no one to blame but themselves for not listening to their customers. Business 101: The customer is always right.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In my area t-mobile stinks I had t mobile phones I was a customer for 1 year before I just dropped them. Even if they get the iPhone it wouldn't help them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunit View Post
    In my area t-mobile stinks I had t mobile phones I was a customer for 1 year before I just dropped them. Even if they get the iPhone it wouldn't help them.
    Every wireless carriers have their service dead zones in my area tmobile got exceptional signal

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If TMobile 3G switch to signal compatible to iPhone, Apple is already selling unlocked iPhones to support that. T-Mobile do not have to officially carry iPhones to sell service to iPhones, no need to worry about subsidizing the damn thing either. Just provide reliable unlimited service for cheap price would be more than enough to get me to switch. I hate AT&T customer service, they are all sales person. Forced me to go to the store and took 30 min to cancel a line I do not use, while doing so trying to convince me to keep 2 lines because it is so cheap... How can 2 lines be cheaper than 1 line??? Also how hard is it to understand "I want to cancel my 2nd line"????

Thanks

I have been a loyal Tmobile customer for over 10 years. I have been using the iphone on their network since the 3G came out. Now I'm simply tired of jumping through hoops to jailbreak/unlock. I especially refuse to go through the process of a gevey jailbreak. It wasn't a terrible experience just an annoyance I guess.

Plus the fact I've been using edge speed while everyone I know is on 3G/4G speeds has finally convinced me to dump my iphone and get one of those sexy galaxy S II. I'll stick with their service, they've never done me wrong but that S II has been really calling me. I qualify for a new one for only $239.

I think it's time to move on from jailbreaking and go to rooting the android.

Thanks

I was one of them :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTphemus View Post
    I have been a loyal Tmobile customer for over 10 years. I have been using the iphone on their network since the 3G came out. Now I'm simply tired of jumping through hoops to jailbreak/unlock. I especially refuse to go through the process of a gevey jailbreak. It wasn't a terrible experience just an annoyance I guess.

Plus the fact I've been using edge speed while everyone I know is on 3G/4G speeds has finally convinced me to dump my iphone and get one of those sexy galaxy S II. I'll stick with their service, they've never done me wrong but that S II has been really calling me. I qualify for a new one for only $239.

I think it's time to move on from jailbreaking and go to rooting the android.
    I understand what you mean. I was lucky to find a iPhone 4 with the baseband of 1.59 and I have had different iPhones before like the 2G 3G 3GS and the 4. I am so convinced that I will never go to a different phone ever again. The iPhone is truly the best of the best I believe. The dev teams are doing a tremendously good job by providing us with new updates jailbreaks and hopefully soon another unlocked. I have been with T-Mobile for about a year and half. Soon as my contract is up and about three more months I will be switching to a official iPhone carrier.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12