+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] WeeRoll - Custom Notification Center Animations

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

Default [Review] WeeRoll - Custom Notification Center Animations

Introducing WeeRoll – a newfangled jailbreak tweak designed by iOS developer PathKiller29. WeeRoll makes your iDevice capable of displaying different kinds of animations when you pull Notification Center down from the status bar (iOS 5-only). The animations vary from one that we’ve seen in Ori Kadosh’s Flowtation jailbreak tweak to twelve other ones that we have not yet seen. WeeRoll ultimately feels like Barrel for Notification Center in that the animations are only invoked when you swipe.

WeeRoll has a very easy-to-use preferences interface involving an enable/disable switch to easily alternate between the iOS default animation or your custom ones and a place where you can pick the animation to display when you launch Notification Center. The thirteen animations you can use when opening Notification Center are as follows:
    • Window Switch
    • Pull Down
    • Spiral
    • Stomp
    • Squish
    • Inner Cube
    • Outer Cube
    • Minimize
    • Bounce
    • Width Stretch
    • Height Stretch
    • Zoom and Fade
    • Squish Alternative

As we would expect from a GPU (graphics processing unit)-intensive jailbreak tweak, there is negligible lagging with some of the animations. The lagging is less perceptible on newer devices, however older ones will be a little uncooperative and have dropped frames. Below we have included a video demonstration of WeeRoll on an iPod touch 4G and you can tell right off the bat that there is minor lagging with some animations:

While the lagging doesn’t render the iDevice unusable by any means, some of the animations are better than others in render speeds. Some of my personal favorites comprise of Spiral, Zoom and Fade, and Minimize. They seem to be the ones that stand out the most to me because of their creativity and because they make my iPhone act in a way Apple would never have planned on implementing. The only way you could like WeeRoll is if you are the kind of person constantly looking for ways to make the iDevice awesome in ways that Apple never lets you do - if you are that kind of person, then I highly recommend it.

If you are skeptical of buying WeeRoll, you can try the free version which has been out for a little while longer dubbed WeeRoll Lite.

Name: WeeRoll
    Price: 99
    Version: .6.1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: PathKiller29
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Sources: PathKiller29
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-21-2012 at 02:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My favorite is zoom and fade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Got it for th 4s and tried the spiral option, it goes way too fast you cant even see the animation. Tried the others and they all go too fast also. Any ideas?

Also when i bring notification center down on the lockscreen with with intelliscreenx the background is all black, it does not show my lock screen wallpaper.
    Last edited by Da Wil-Man; 02-21-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Nice but not worth paying for.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Nice but not worth paying for.
    Then maybe you will enjoy WeeRoll Lite.