+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week 2/13 - 2/19

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week 2/13 - 2/19

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of February 13th until today, February 19th as per the opinion of our staff.

1. AssistantConnect/AssistantConnect4S - FREE

AssistantConnect is a tool brought to life by iOS developer Bilal S. Sayed Ahmad to make Siri simpler to set up on older iDevices running Spire. To use it you merely need to have access to a jailbroken iPhone 4S and a jailbroken iDevice running iOS 5 with Spire installed on it. From there, you can use the AssistantConnect application on both iDevices to construct a link for Siri without ever needing to set up a proxy server or having to pay for an external server that hosts Siri for Spire. As it appears, you will have to refresh the information within the application on a daily basis so that your Spire device gets the updated iPhone 4S information that it needs since Apple makes it valid through only a 24-hour window. It’s a great way to get reliable Siri functionality on an older iDevice for free.

2. MultiTunes - FREE

MultiTunes is a great application invented by the iOS development firm, Harrison Apps, LLC. The application serves the purpose of effortlessly allowing you to sync between multiple iTunes libraries without ever having to delete content currently residing on your iDevice. The freedom to sync between multiple iTunes libraries is a feature that Apple locks off to prevent piracy, however under certain circumstances we find that some of us have more than one computer - one that we update our content on more frequently than the other. MultiTunes gives us the freedom to make sure that everything we have is in sync and that we never miss out on any of our content from all of our computers when we are using our iDevices.

3. Screen Swipe Sounds - 99

Screen Swipe Sounds is a tweak prepared by iOS developer Laurence Millar to help us have a livelier iOS experience without having to feel like every iDevice should perform exactly the same way. Screen Swipe Sounds permits you to have a sound emit from the iDevice as you swipe between home screen pages. If you are using an iPhone, you can furthermore have haptic vibration feedback along with the noise. The tweak comes with 18 pre-loaded sounds that you can use and more will likely be added as the developer comes up with ideas. This tweak goes well with something like Barrel to make using the home screen more exciting.

4. SiriLoveLyrics - 99

SiriLoveLyrics is an AssistantExtensions add-on for Siri made by iOS developer Pigi Galdi to let you ask Siri to find lyrics for whatever song is playing in your iPod player at the instance in time you ask her. The interface is very pleasant, implemented precisely the way that we would imagine Apple to have done it, unfortunately it does not yet support other music players such as Spotify, Pandora, or Grooveshark - only music that is played from the Music application can be recognized. Pigi says that he will add further support soon.

5. SiriLaunch - FREE

SiriLaunch is a tweak that was made in order to make launching Siri even simpler, by iOS developer Jude Jean-Pierre. For some, using the home button for launching Siri is unheard of because the home button is either dysfunctional or it takes too long. Using Activator to launch Siri uses up one of your actions, which could be used for something else. SiriLaunch makes it easy to launch Siri by giving you a button in Notification Center that you can tap to launch Siri instantly without the delay of holding the iDevice's home button for a couple of seconds. It works with Siri on the iPhone 4S and with Spire on older iDevices.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on Modmyi!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-20-2012 at 10:02 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With the MultiTunes tweak, I don't understand why people can't just duplicate the iTunes music folder which holds all of the library data, across all their computers, so the User can sync between them all, under the one library, as they alternate between their computers. (Although if you're syncing music automatically each time you plug in your device, what I said above won't work since you won't have an identical library across all computers unless you use dropbox or something to host your songs)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moomiaowoof View Post
    With the MultiTunes tweak, I don't understand why people can't just duplicate the iTunes music folder which holds all of the library data, across all their computers, so the User can sync between them all, under the one library, as they alternate between their computers. (Although if you're syncing music automatically each time you plug in your device, what I said above won't work since you won't have an identical library across all computers unless you use dropbox or something to host your songs)
    You would have to use something like dropbox to keep the folders in sync but that doesn't change the fact that those people with different content on each computer will have different library files that won't be compatible. A primary library is required holding all content. Each other library can then show errors for missing files but shouldn't delete their reference and each time iTunes loads the library on the primary system would recognize all music is accounted for. It sounds like a hassle to me.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

SiriLoveLyrcis no longer seems to be free. Was going to grab it. I know it's only a buck, but I know I won't use it other than to "show off" anyway. That, and I use pandora and gmusic pretty exclusively.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-20-2012 at 09:49 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe the MultiTunes tweek is if you would like to sync your iDevice with say a friend's iTunes library. That is pretty kool, especially if you can keep your library intact and usable.
    Last edited by Doran; 02-20-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    I believe the MultiTunes is if you would like to sync your iDevice with say a friend's iTunes library. That is pretty kool.
    Yeah.. only, piracy isn't cool. So we will keep our reasons for it

Thanks

I didn't know people still bought music lol,,,

Thanks

Siri launch is nice..but..doesn't work well with intellascreen. It blocks the Twitter feed launch so there'a no need for me to get this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yeah.. only, piracy isn't cool. So we will keep our reasons for it
    I don't know. It seems like its the same as borrowing a friends physical cd or them giving you their cd after they've ripped it to the computer... Is that still considered piracy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3k2 View Post
    I don't know. It seems like its the same as borrowing a friends physical cd or them giving you their cd after they've ripped it to the computer... Is that still considered piracy?
    If you rip the cd then get rid of it either by giving it away or selling it then yes it's classed as piracy,you must still hold the original cd even if you rip it,borrowing a cd and ripping it is classed as piracy as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

MultiTunes is no doubt the best tweak here. It's something I've been waiting for, since the first time I plugged my iPhone into a friends computer, and immediately lost all my data. That was a horrific experience, and I don't care one bit for online piracy laws. This has nothing to do with piracy. This kind of sharing is normal human behaviour.

Thanks

Screen Swipe Sounds should be replaced by iSounds on this list, which adds sounds to basically everything else besides changing pages, and its free. Judging from the screenshots, majority of the sounds included with Screen Swipe Sounds are just filler which no one would use

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    I didn't know people still bought music lol,,,
    Where can you even still buy music?

More importantly, why would I want to duplicate a 600gb library across multiple computers? Assuming I even had the money for all the hd's...

Mo

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesey123 View Post
    If you rip the cd then get rid of it either by giving it away or selling it then yes it's classed as piracy,you must still hold the original cd even if you rip it,borrowing a cd and ripping it is classed as piracy as well.
    Here's the thing though, load it into iTunes match, and whenever you listen to it, the artist/label still gets paid. This is the way we should be moving in terms of digital content, not in this ridiculous piracy war. Plenty of companies are actually happy to see iTunes match come into play because where they were once making absolutely nothing (referring to pirated tracks) they are now seeing revenue.

I find it funny, though, that this site is so against piracy (they don't even allow you to say the names of warez sites), yet they happily post a step by step on how to get Siri working on a non-4S device (for the record I have no problem with either, and often try before I buy, at the very least). You are literally tricking Apple's servers into thinking that the device you are using is something else. If you weren't using Apple's resources in your jacked Siri query that would be one thing, but that just isn't the case. I don't care how you define it, it is just as bad as borrowing that CD and ripping the tracks for your own use. You are using a service that is exclusive for a device that you didn't pay for. End of story.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-21-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

**lyrics for all Pigi apps is down since I bought this. Not much uptime.
    This is a best of?

Thanks

Having a 3Gs makes me feel left behind with all these Siri tweaks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

I would take out multitunes. It is useless until it manages to combine 2 or more libraries.

I would put in quicksiri. It makes Spire RAPID!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I would take out multitunes. It is useless until it manages to combine 2 or more libraries.

I would put in quicksiri. It makes Spire RAPID!
    Not really - I highly disagree with QuickSiri. What's more is MultiTunes is great because it lets you use all of that content on one device without erasing your data.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"MultiTunes makes a great free substitute to PwnTunes." -- agreed.

"MultiTunes makes a great free substitute to PwnTunes." thats why. not just within the house, but other librarys.