Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Next Generation iPhone On Tap for Fall 2012

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple's Next Generation iPhone On Tap for Fall 2012

It appears that Apple is poised and willing to continue the new tradition begun last October. The Cupertino, California-based tech giant is reportedly going to maintain fall as the season in which new iPhones are introduced for the time being.

If the sources speaking in confidence with Japanese blog Macotakara are correct, the 6th-generation iPhone will reach consumers in October, one year after the iPhone 4S debuted to significant fanfare. Apple is said to have been very happy with the outcome of its fall iPhone 4S release and that the momentum of the new product contributed heavily to the company's record-breaking holiday sales quarter.

The source in question said Apple has decided to maintain "for years" this new fall-time release schedule for new iPhones. This report, naturally, flies in the face of recent reports indicating that Apple CEO Tim Cook wants to introduce the next iPhone at this summer's WWDC. But perhaps a fall launch makes more sense. Spring will likely be dominated by the iPad 3, while summer will be consumed by OS X Mountain Lion and, presumably, further iOS advancements.

This fall will be ripe for something new. And the 6th-gen iPhone will be right there to fill that enthusiasm gap. In short, it looks as though the annual fall tradition of introducing refreshed iPods has officially been replaced by the new tradition of rolling out refreshed iPhones. The transition, of course, isn't surprisingly in light of the fact that the iPhone is now a much bigger source of revenue for Apple today than the iPod is.

Source: Macotakara

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Like a lemming if it looks cool/different enough I'm getting it!

I did skip the iPhone 4, but this is the 5!

Thanks

Makes economical sense for Apple. They can get some more people to buy the iPhone for Holiday Gifts if the phone just came out. In the article it says that the 4S broke holiday records. Why mess with a good thing?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Great for me to have it in the fall. It's closer to my discounted upgrade so I don't have to sit around for months watching people have a new iPhone while I am waiting, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Great for me to have it in the fall. It's closer to my discounted upgrade so I don't have to sit around for months watching people have a new iPhone while I am waiting, ha.
    True but you don't need to have the upgrade if you know how to search for a good price ;p

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

My iPhones are always brand new, and me being the first owner. So buying it from Verizon or Apple is likely what happens.

Damnit! I was hoping for a return to the summer release. I'm already sick of the problems with this 4S.

-Luke

Thanks

I think this is BS. The iPhone is gonna come out in the summer, no one likes the 4S anyway

That's not true, I love the 4S. Granted, I upgraded from the 3G straight to the 4S, but it's still an amazing piece of technology.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for not calling it 'iPhone 5'!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 892 Posts

Yay this is when my contract is up!

Hopefully has lte and not the same design as the 4 and 4s. Nothing wrong at all with them. I love design has a classy look. But just looking forward to something new. Bigger battery to

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Mines up in about 2 weeks lol. Just biting my tongue so I won't upgrade to the 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by Puka1701 View Post
    Thank you for not calling it 'iPhone 5'!
    I agree because the iPhone 4S was the 5th iPhone, so the next will be the iPhone 6 (hopefully).

Wow.. I was expecting a few more months for an upgrade. I have an old iPhone 3G. I cant wait 6 months for a new phone..

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

The new iPhone will be called the iPhone Extreme Dream Bionic Sonic Boom......Duh.
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If the iphone 4s isn't considered the 5th generation, they what was the 3rd generation? Based on your own logic it couldn't have been the 3GS.....

1. iphone
    2. iphone 3G
    3. iphone 3GS
    4. iphone 4
    5. iphone 4S

6th gen: Fall 2012.

Well, I've waited 5 years already - what's another 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Me too!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    If the iphone 4s isn't considered the 5th generation, they what was the 3rd generation? Based on your own logic it couldn't have been the 3GS.....

1. iphone
    2. iphone 3G
    3. iphone 3GS
    4. iphone 4
    5. iphone 4S

6th gen: Fall 2012.
    Eliminate the first iPhone, since they didn't use numbers, they started at number 3 with the iPhone 3G. After that, any iPhone with a "S" attached to it only counts as a half a generation. Use that logic and the next iPhone will be the iPhone 5!!
    El Zurdo

the iphone 4SS is next

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast